5 V-spoke matt titanium diamond cut alloys. Lacquered?

TeaMonsta

Reaction score
I've just bought some ValetPRO Bilberry Wheel Cleaner to use as a regular maintenance wash every week or so (diluted 1:10). I didn't realise it's for painted/lacquered wheels only and is alkali. Am I correct in thinking that my 5 V-spoke matt titanium diamond cut alloys (A4 Black Edition) are lacquered and therefore it will be safe to use this particular wheel cleaner on them? The wheels are also ceramic coated.

Last edited:
I used bilberry on my A3 sline diamond cut wheels with no issues. Just don't use it neat...

Reactions: TeaMonsta
With the wheels being ceramic coated you may just get away with a shampoo anyway...

Reactions: TeaMonsta
With the wheels being ceramic coated you may just get away with a shampoo anyway...
I think you're probably right. When I cleaned them the other day it was like wiping a wet teflon pan. The brake dust just sits on top and most gets washed away with the pressure washer. I'm paranoid about trashing them with chemicals as I made that mistake with my old Golf.

Do you use any preaches, such as citrus juice or foam? These will also help to loosen off the dust...

Coated wheels are the easiest.
As above prewash them first when doing the rest of the car.
I use the soap I wash the car with.
You might want to buy a EZ wheel brush medium to make cleaning the inside of them beside the calipers.
Makes life so much easier

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I snow foam them and the rest of the car with Auto Finesse Avalanche and have just bought some Wheel Woolies which have been great. The design of the wheels makes them easy, too

I use wheel woollies as well, fantastic product. Certainly I'd try cleaning your wheels without any bilberry first, just prewash and see how you get on. Obviously the guys over in the detailing forum will have more to say...

...Obviously the guys over in the detailing forum will have more to say...
I wondered about posting this thread there. Might just pop it to them, anyway. Thanks for your help, guys....

Reactions: cuke2u