5-twin spoke - Detailing advice?

SBJ

Reaction score
Hi,
Any advice on which iron fallout/wheel cleaner is safe on these 5-twin spoke alloys?

Screenshot 2020 03 16 at 214453

Bit worried about the matt titanium finish and polished metal. I know some wheel clearers are not suitable for these alloys. I don't want something too aggressive, happy to put in the work. Despite weekly washing, getting brown brake dust ingrained in the corner edges of the alloys. And thats not good enough for my OCD!

Thanks

Carpro do an Iron X paste which is good, as you can just put it on the exact spots you need done with those wheels.
Or for just a spray on type, Carpro Iron X or Bilt Hamber Autowheels are both very good.
for the spray on types, they are fine to use, just don't leave them on for too long before rinsing them off.
And if the wheels have any kerb marks or scuffs, then best to touch them in first, as those are the bits most likely to get affected, where the laquer has been removed.

Thanks, don't need to use the chemical during weekly washing unless its totally safe.

dragons breath would be fine for a weekly wash

Reactions: SBJ
Fallout removers are not meant to be used every wash, just when the build up is making it a requirement, same for on paintwork.
Once used then you should be fine with just ordinary car shampoo for a while, if you have some sort of coating on the wheels, either wheel wax, sealant or ceramic coating.
Any coating will make the wheels stay cleaner for longer and easier to clean when required. Depending on what protection used will depend on how often you will need to re-coat.

Reactions: SBJ