5.25 Sub woofer -Bass

den911

Reaction score
Hi, having upgraded my oem hu from the chorus to a pioneer dab android auto , i have also added a pioneer 4 channel amp removed the oem front speakers and added some Focal 6.5 components ,massive improvement ,however i also decided to utulize the blank rear speaker cavity and fit some Herts components and used the rear parking sensor speaker spare holes to fit the tweeters and to be honest the sound was just not right and really lacking (rear) in both base and high end ,i put this down to tweeters not being in a ideal place but there was nowhere else for them...I have since removed the Hertz and replaced with some Alpine S-S50 2 way coax again not happy as the front are bang on but the coax just dont seem to be doing to much ,they just sound like they are filling a gap if that makes sense ,the front Focals are excellent on their own but these do lack some bass ,dont want earth shattering bass ,anyway what my next step is to remove the coax and idealy i would to replace them with is stand alone bass speakers run from channel B on the amp (i know i could add a subwoofer in the boot but this is the last resort due to space) so my question is basicaly is can you get 5.25 speakers that just act as a mini sub-bass, abit long winded i know to get to the question but just thought a bit of history as to what i have done would help..Thanks ..Ps my car is the 2012 A3 Cabriolet