5.25" component suggestions

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I'm feeling a bit stupid as for the first time since doing car audio I have knackered a set of speakers. My Focal components are finished :keule:

Need to sort some replacements but not sure what to get. Found these which are possibles as well as some Kickers which I'll need to import from the USA.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3915.html

Any other suggestions? My music taste is varied but mainly rock/metal

Out of the infinitys or the Rainbows, i would take the Rainbows. The Infinitys tend to be a "brighter" sound than most.

I have kicker resolutions, don't know if you can still get them but i have never heard a better all round speaker. I listen to linkin park blink 182 etc through to pop and ance with a bit of old school rock in between.

Well I got the doors apart today and found a bad connection on teh drivers side so that's that one sorted and the passenger side mid bass driver seems to have failed as a result of a manufacturing issue. No crispyness to the voice coila nd not a trace of a burning smell or anything. Not happy as they were well over £100. :(

Brother lent me a Kicker 5.25 mid bass driver that he kept when a door seal failed and water ruined the other one. The Kicker sounds a lot better than the Focal which I'm quite surprised by. Will definately be looking at getting some Kickers, but need to check mounting depths