Brake upgrade

Julian smith

Reaction score
Hi guys now the engines all sorted it's brake upgrade time
For my 2005 A3 8p 2.0 tfsi quattro s line.
Would a good quality set of stock size 312mm rotors and pads be enough with braided lines or should I go S3/R32 set up.
Or I was wondering if these would fit my car....
AUDI S4 B6 B7 4.2 V8 FRONT 345mm BRAKES CALIPERS CARRIERS DISCs
PADS A4. Car is currently a stg2 on 270 brake and a fair old dollop of torque thanks guys

A good upgrade is to go for the S3 set up depending on the size of your road wheels.
I did this on my son’s TT that was already running 312mm discs.
we used the calipers from a Golf6R and discs from a TTS which are 340mm diameter, the 345mm diameter discs are not needed. Calliper also suitable from S3, TTS and R32.
The thing to check is by posting on TFSI tuning Facebook for the max size you can go with your hubs and wheels.

Reactions: Julian smith
A good upgrade is to go for the S3 set up depending on the size of your road wheels.
I did this on my son’s TT that was already running 312mm discs.
we used the calipers from a Golf6R and discs from a TTS which are 340mm diameter, the 345mm diameter discs are not needed. Calliper also suitable from S3, TTS and R32.
The thing to check is by posting on TFSI tuning Facebook for the max size you can go with your hubs and wheels.
Cheers mate, I'm running 18s I was I'm aware of the traditional S3 R32 route, was just wondering if the S4 b6 b7 345mm set up was an option as I found some going for great price. Not sure if the 6R setup would fit pre facelift 2005 A3 though