42L1 - A-Servicing rear axle¹

nathanrich

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI 204 S-Tronic Black Edition
This recall message just popped up on My Audi app. No further info though.

Last edited:

Painman1963

This recall message just popped up on My Audi app. No further info though.

I have the same in mine this morning. I’ll book it in with the next Service, unless anyone on here says that their axle has dropped off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychopomp1

Frizzley

Here’s a picture of the defect parts in question

1624707129763.png

nathanrich

Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI 204 S-Tronic Black Edition
Also got the same message, though I have the 2020 A6. Affects all A4/A5/A6/A7/A8 models from MY2020 and MY2021.

More info here:

I called the dealer this morning and they are aware of it and said rear wheel(s) bolts will need to be replaced and I have booked this in in early July. In the meantime the car's rear wheels could fall off!! :sob:
Wow, thats a lot of cars to be recalled I would suspect.

Karl g

Wow, thats a lot of cars to be recalled I would suspect.
I got same for my 2020 S4 so called Audi in Newbury who booked it in next day (today).What a difference back end feels connected and a touch softer and much more planted than before, It gave much more confidence on a back road as it feels more connected to the front.I wonder if there is more to this than they let on will be interesting to see what other members think on this.
On a subnote totally destroyed a petrol S5 going up to Newbury no answer to the midrange and still got 35 mpg so to the doubters I say pah

sparkyuk

I've just had my RS7 in for this work.
Apparently it's just 4 bolts and the housings if these were already showing damage.

My car is now driving quite differently than it was before. I didn't notice any issues before but now the car feels as it it's not 5m long which is a good thing, but the rear-end is now stepping out on every single pothole or uneven surface. It's random and unsettling and I've lost faith in it at the moment. It's like it's a different car, but not in a good way.

While it did also receive a software update (which added Lane Departure onto the dash) this feels like either the work has been completely badly or this is now how the car should handle. I'd not have bought it if this was how it should behave. My previous RS5/S5's haven't driven like this.

Didn't think this recall would make such a change.