TPMS query

Duck C7 allroad

Reaction score
So I got a 2015 C7 allroad which has TPMS on my MMI. My PR codes state that I've got a 'Direct TPMS' system but when I replaced my stock wheels and tyres, my mechanic said that I didn't have them in the tyres and more likely part of the ABS system.

He installed the new wheels and tyres under the correct PSI levels.

I've had my new wheels and tyres in my car for about 250 miles and suddenly I get a warning telling me that all of my tyres are under pressure.

I was under the impression that new tyres need to bed in over a few hundred miles. Is this the reason why the car is telling me they're under or is something else afoot?

Does it show the psi reading of each tyre in your MMI? If so then you have the tpms system
I thought only the RS6/RS7’s come with full tpms sensors.
My A7 which is a facelift, measures the tyre circumference and can then detect if the tyre is under inflated. You just have to remember to reset it in the MMI when u put air in the tyre.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Thanks Bishop.

Actually no. It doesn't give me the exact reading, only that any single or all tyres are underflated. But I already know that there is no TPMS present, and I understand that you must set the pressure level after you've inflated the tyres.

What I don't know however, is whether my mechanic actually set it after inflation.

Perhaps this is my issue...

I’d check them again and then reset it

Reactions: Bulldog