40k service in South West (Bristol/Bath)

Nickl

Reaction score
Just wanted to check if anyone had any recommendations for audi servicing around Bristol/Bath? About to hit 40k in the S3 and judging from reviews both Bath and Bristol audi are pretty dire. After a call with their service department I can confirm they don't seem to have any idea what they're talking about.

They originally quoted for an oil change, but i'm pretty certain the 40k service usually requires stronic and haldex oil/filters changed, which if I hadn't mentioned would have been left off. They then wanted to charge me just over £800 for the pleasure… seems if I try to book through the audi site it's more a long the lines of £550…

Any recommendations would be great, tempted for the first time in my life to not use Audi, having just moved from the Lakes where the Audi garage's service was brilliant.

I use Streetwise Automotive in Bristol, independent VAG, have done for years, excellent on all fronts. Check them out at

http://www.streetwise-automotive.co.uk/

High-performance vehicle tuning, Revo™ ECU remaps, Full Motor Servicing, 4 Wheel Alignment, Brakes, Tyres, Exhausts, MOT Testing and much more.

Reactions: KenL and Nickl
Personally, I've found the service from Audi Bath exemplary but Audi Bristol not so good. I've not found a decent VAG independent

My S3 and 3 previous Audi’s are all from Swindon Audi, couldn’t recommend highly enough, worth a call as not that far from Bath. Avoid the Cheltenham cowboys, yeee ha

They originally quoted for an oil change, but i'm pretty certain the 40k service usually requires stronic and haldex oil/filters changed, which if I hadn't mentioned would have been left off. They then wanted to charge me just over £800 for the pleasure…

£800 for a service...wtf the main service on on Porsche isn't that much from one of their main dealers:

Por1

If you have family back up in the lakes you may try to combine a visit with a service as you're passing!?!? I use unit20 on the Wirral between Chester-Liverpool http://www.unit20.com/

Ended up booking into Tetbury Audi, seemed a lot more switched on! Still £709, broken down as:

Major service (Oil, Spark plugs, Filters): £375
Stronic filter/oil: £225
Haldex oil/filters: £109

Ended up booking into Tetbury Audi, seemed a lot more switched on! Still £709, broken down as:

Major service (Oil, Spark plugs, Filters): £375
Stronic filter/oil: £225
Haldex oil/filters: £109

Seems about right then :):

Screenshot wwwaudicouk 2018 01 04 13 59 54 965

I've also heard good things re Swindon Audi,

Two more to avoid - Stratford-Upon-Avon Audi, Coventry Audi. No aftercare/service care whatsoever (in my experience).