4 Wheel alignment?! A4b7

Jammymancan

Reaction score
My Aydi a4b7 2.0tfsi fwd has rear wheel issues. The rear passenger side wheel doesn't sit in the centre of the wheel arch whereas the other rear wheel sits pretty much perfectly centre. Firstly, is it even possible to adjust the rear wheels for allignment. Secondly does anyone have any idea why it doesn't sit in the centre of the arch.

So do you mean central from a left & right perspective if looking at the car side on , if so you rear toe is out as toe adjustment controls that, could be toe and subframe out of alignment but most certainly one or both maybe in need of adjustment.

Reactions: Jammymancan
So do you mean central from a left & right perspective if looking at the car side on , if so you rear toe is out as toe adjustment controls that, could be toe and subframe out of alignment but most certainly one or both maybe in need of adjustment.
If you were to look at the car side on. Its positioned closer to the front of the car than the back. I'll get some pictures.

Doesn't come across as significant on camera and the images are 'too large' to upload :/ I'll get it checked by a decent allignment garage. Thanks Rob

Get someone with a Hunter aligner to do an alignment audit and look at all angles including setback etc. You’ll find out exactly what’s going on.

Sounds like your caster is out. Only camber and toe is adjustable on our b7s. As Rob said check the position of the subframe if possible. Have you sustained any damage to the wheels or suspension on that side? Even a firm nudge on the tyre can cause some invisible suspension damage from my past experience.