4 hours well spent - How you guys all doing

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much activity or appreciation for a good car clean in the world of Porsche forums so thought I would share todays handy work and see how you are all doing
IMG 1755 LI
IMG 1751 LI
IMG 1761 LI 2

Reactions: Rich76, S32B, DW81 and 13 others
Dave the car is looking awesome. :friends:

Reactions: Daveotto
Nice work and impressive vw, I mean Porsche

Yes I'm well jealous!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: CHEZ and Daveotto
Car looking mega mate! How are you finding it?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Car looking mega mate! How are you finding it?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Still gets a bigger smile than any of my previous S3’s when I get in and turn the ignition key.

Had it well over a year and no thought of swapping it in for something different.

Handling and response are so good even in the winter. The mid engine does make it loud in the cabin but with 350BHP 2 feet from your ear it’s not surprising but the whole mid engine experience has been a revelation especially after a few hours with a Porsche pro driver who taught me how to slalom up an ice hill. And can still get 36-38mpg cruising up the M1

Reactions: scotty76 and Adam14
Thanks @Sandra the car could be a long term keeper unless I get to old to get in and out of it without looking like an idiot
Your not going to have to worry about being too old for a fair few years. :thumbs up::friends:

Spent 3 hrs on my RS6 yesterday after a 500+mile round trip to Wales & back at the weekend. Some parts of that journey i won't want to do again in a hurry.

Thanks @Sandra the car could be a long term keeper unless I get to old to get in and out of it without looking like an idiot
Try a 911 and then you'll not have the same reply. It's another league...... ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stunning @Daveotto. It looks like its just out of the factory! Do you have it ceramic coated by any chance?

4 hours well spent? Damn, I just spent 2 hours on the front bumper. There are over 600 perforations on the RS3 grill! The fog grills alone have 300 total and not to mention the covers behind the grills and machine polishing the top of the RS3 grill that no one sees.

I thought 1.5 hours was long enough to wash dry and apply sealant to the car and pack all the kit away :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Looking good mate :)
Had it well over a year and no thought of swapping it in for something different.
wow that's gone fast, I remember when you were waiting for the alloys to be sprayed!

Try a 911 and then you'll not have the same reply. It's another league...... ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't actually like the new 911 to much as I think its become too much of a tourer, but would not say no to one if offered it :)

The agility and handling of the Cayman is really something and very useful on today's pot holed UK roads.

If you measure performance by straight line speed then my S PDK with Chrono pack is quicker than the standard 911 Carerra, You would also have enough change to splash out on a a year old S3 saloon as a weekend tourer or for the recycling centre/supermarket runs ;-)

Stunning @Daveotto. It looks like its just out of the factory! Do you have it ceramic coated by any chance?

No Ceramic coat, use the same regime I used on my S3's

Valet Pro pH neutral snow foam
Maguiars Gold Class shampoo (single bucket and lambswool mitt)
GTecniq P1 nano polish
Sonax Ultimate Detailer

Wax usually a relatively cheap Carnuba wax like Maguiars (but currently using a Swissvax Carnuba freebie from Porsche). If in a rush I use Autoglym Extra Gloss protection instead of wax.

Gtechniq G5 water replleant on the glass

Wheels are washed with Maquiars shampoo using a standard sponge and Muck-off cycle brushes and occasionally given a spray with Autoglym alloy wheel protect and twice a year use Dragons Breath wheel cleaner

Autosol metal polish for the exhaust tips

Tyres get a coat of Poor Boys Tyre Dressing

All polish and wax is hand applied and lightly machine polished off with a cheap Silverline rotary polisher

Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl cleaner for the Vinyl trim inside and out and leather gets a regular wipe over with Dunelm leather wipes

So a lengthy process but with relatively cheap materials

I have only polished and waxed the car 3 times since new but for every wash always snow foam, shampoo and finish off with Sonax detailer

Reactions: SPIKE_, S32B and Jassyo06