3rd Party exhaust valve options + fitting

Evotion

The Greed For Speed
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just about to get an RS3 - though struggling to get the exact spec I want so may have to compromise..... :(

I have a problem which some of you may identify with...

I like loud exhausts but I love pops and crackles (love the Merc AMGs..)
However, my missus hates loud exhausts and thinks pops and crackles sound a bit naff. Grrrr.
Thus, the Dynamic Pack might also be out which is a damn shame.

Therefore, what I am needing is a solution that helps solve this.
I had a look around here and noticed a couple of mentions of work you can do that opens the valves up in varying ways. I saw something about K-electronics and ASR but spooked me out a bit.

My question is.. money no object, what is the most flexible solution that is EASY to fit and allows me to have that lovely noise when I want it and the missus would never know :)

Also, are there any dealers in Surrey or the South East that can fit the pesky thing for me as I have no patience for that shizzle.

Many thanks.

Even with the dynamic pack you can turn the pops and bangs off, just use drive select to switch to comfort mode.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
Even with the dynamic pack you can turn the pops and bangs off, just use drive select to switch to comfort mode.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ah, I guess what I mean is a way to have them ON for all modes and generally have it popping all over the place no matter the mode and preferably a bit louder.

For sure, the missus will only EVER have it in Comfort mode.
Just thinking of me and wanting a better noise and more pops without having a sports exhaust option.

I've just replied to your other post, but no question, you need the dynamic pack. It's a no-brainer.

It sounds epically loud in dynamic mode with pops and bangs included. Switch to comfort and it's quiet at a cruise but still has that lovely, cultured 5cyl noise if accelerating hard, with more muted crackles. Your missus would think it was a normal engine unless you gave it some right foot.

Reactions: Evotion
Point is even with dyno pack you can turn off the noise by selecting comfort. Best of both worlds.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Or search in here for more solutions - plenty of options in other threads.

My question is.. money no object, what is the most flexible solution that is EASY to fit and allows me to have that lovely noise when I want it and the missus would never know :)

You need to have a word with the missus mate... man up, and put your foot down!:laughing:

There really isn't a huge difference in the two for normal driving, it really will not affect your misses. Tell her it has the standard one, you will never know unless they are side by side and you are making a point of comparing.

The sports exhaust isn't like a huge fart can on the back of a Civic, it's a mildly louder exhaust and the mapping is different so it pops more and sooner. By the sounds of it your misses won't accept any anti-social driving, so it will never affect her :D I've been on a test drive before where the salesman was adamant a car had a standard exhaust, but it was the sports. Hardly any different, both identical in comfort.

There really isn't a huge difference in the two for normal driving, it really will not affect your misses. Tell her it has the standard one, you will never know unless they are side by side and you are making a point of comparing.

The sports exhaust isn't like a huge fart can on the back of a Civic, it's a mildly louder exhaust and the mapping is different so it pops more and sooner. By the sounds of it your misses won't accept any anti-social driving, so it will never affect her :D I've been on a test drive before where the salesman was adamant a car had a standard exhaust, but it was the sports. Hardly any different, both identical in comfort.

I can assure you that you will hear when both pipes stays open and then it doesn't affect switching from comfort to dynamic because their are open already, map still changes with different character but loudness is loud all the time and that was what the thread starter wanted. Dynamic with one pipe open idling isn't really too loud at all as you say but that is just to keep at low level for the most.

Go here Website: www.asr-component.de and get the RX1 AE2. You can control the valves manually with a remote.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

I was under the impression these remote ones didnt fully open both valves permanently all the time compared to tge k electronics harness ?

I was under the impression these remote ones didnt fully open both valves permanently all the time compared to tge k electronics harness ?
Hey mate,

This video shows both valves opening and closing. Same as the k electronic.

So u can have both valves open from idle. On start up they will remain fully open too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Evotion and Nickyc
I am convinced - The ones I am looking at will have the Dynamic Pack - must help on resale anyway.

The missus will never know - Mwuhahahahaha (hides in corner of room)

I got my car back from it's first service. Not sure if Audi updated the software for the exhaust flaps. The ASR valve controller no longer works. God damn !

Will try disconnecting and reconnecting over the weekend and see if that solves the problem. If not, my 3 day old ASR module will be deemed useless. Not good.

So I checked all connections. The transmitter still lights up when any button is pressed so I can assume it's not battery related.
Tried using the spare transmitter I ordered with the kit and what do you know... BAM!! Exhaust flaps start to engage.

Dud remote crapped itself in just a few days. Lucky I had a spare

Ugh, I just ordered my asr kit and I better not get a crap remote.

Ugh, I just ordered my asr kit and I better not get a **** remote.

Hahaha yeah mate. Did u order a spare remote? Maybe I was just unlucky and scored a dud remote.. lol
It's a great product though. You will love it

Hahaha yeah mate. Did u order a spare remote? Maybe I was just unlucky and scored a dud remote.. lol
It's a great product though. You will love it

Didn't think about ordering a spare one. Hopefully it's all good. Just hope I don't mess up the install.

Install is easy. Take ur time and do it neatly. Any issues, let me know and I will be happy to help.

Install is easy. Take ur time and do it neatly. Any issues, let me know and I will be happy to help.

Reactions: Seanix