3rd brake light - LED's stopped working

Pintman

Reaction score
So, my new '16 plate car is now 2 1/2 mths old and this morning looked in a window whilst reversing only to find 2 or 3 LED's not working in the 3rd brake light in the spoiler.

Is this covered in the warranty?

Had this issue with a Golf I had and they said they would have to 'cheese-wire' the spoiler off to get to the strip.

Anybody know what sort of a job this is to do an the A3?

Cheers.

I'm about to speak to Audi about this too, only 1 led not working. Nearly 3 years old, but don't like idea of them cutting off the spoiler!

Things like this make buying extended warranty on cars an easy decision. Every quote I've been getting recently I've asked for the maximum years of warranty cover - 5 years seems to be the VAG maximum for Seat, Audit, Skoda, VW etc.

Had a chat with the garage, who said that it should be covered as its only 2 1/2 mths old. So, earliest warranty appointment date is start of July.

Still unsure how big of a job it is?

Had a chat with the garage, who said that it should be covered as its only 2 1/2 mths old. So, earliest warranty appointment date is start of July.

From what I can tell no tape just bolts and clips so hopefully that'll put your mind at rest ......

kJSMiXkP

6h55oUBe

Reactions: Pulp84, pburv and Pintman

If it's anything like the last model Astra they just pop out of the spoiler, no need to take it off. I've seen cars come down the line with the light missing and the wires sticking out! The guys just come over connect them up and push them in, takes seconds.

Never thought about checking mine until now lol, happy to say they are OK :)

Light

Reactions: pburv and Pintman
Two bolts subbed to the spoiler .....

0Oc3emoX

Reactions: Pulp84, pburv and Pintman
Cheers chaps, much appreciated for the info.

Didn't want the spoiler to be taken off to get to the back of the light fixture, as no doubt they wouldn't have put it back on to my standard! :grinning:

Now knowing the above, it's good news.

Reactions: Pulp84 and Rob2k68
Had led brake light go faulty on my 8p when it was about two years old. , fixed under warranty...

Just taken a piccie

2 LED's out!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I do see a lot of Audis on the road with this issue. More than any other brand I feel.

The last gen TT is a car you see this issue regularly on.

Good posts to confirm how to fix this :wrench:

Reactions: Pintman and Rob2k68