Sportback 3mm Spacers on a PFL RS3

AshinNorwich

Reaction score
I want to put my HRE FF01 19 inch 47 offset alloys on to my RS3 and HRE are sending me 3mm spacers 57.1mm to 66.6mm which they suggested I needed.
Anyone had experience with spacers and the controversial question of are they safe?
Cheers in advance!

Are you asking about spacers or centre rings?

Spacers are safe providing they do not take the wheel out of its sweet spot AND you have corresponding longer wheel lugs with seating to suit the wheel..

Centre rings also safe and necessary for installation of larger hub diameter wheels. Providing of course they are the correct size.

I want to put my HRE FF01 19 inch 47 offset alloys on to my RS3 and HRE are sending me 3mm spacers 57.1mm to 66.6mm which they suggested I needed.
Anyone had experience with spacers and the controversial question of are they safe?
Cheers in advance!
I think you will find they are centre rings. Needed to make up the difference between the wheel bore sizes.
They will be fine so long as they fit snuggly, which I am sure they will.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The sizes you have given are indeed the centre bore sizes, not spacers.

Here is what HRE sent me.

'thank you for your inquiry.

If you want to use your FF01 8.5x19 ET47 on an RS3, then you need 3 mm spacers with an integrated centering from 66.6 to 57,1 mm on the hub bore.
We have those in stock. A set of 4x spacers is incl. shipping to the UK is GBP 54,-.'

Sounds like the spacer includes the change in hub bore, but I thought this only occurred on larger adapters not 3mm.

I will be purchasing longer bolts :).

Thanks for the replies already!

Here is what HRE sent me.

'thank you for your inquiry.

If you want to use your FF01 8.5x19 ET47 on an RS3, then you need 3 mm spacers with an integrated centering from 66.6 to 57,1 mm on the hub bore.
We have those in stock. A set of 4x spacers is incl. shipping to the UK is GBP 54,-.'

Sounds like the spacer includes the change in hub bore, but I thought this only occurred on larger adapters not 3mm.

I will be purchasing longer bolts :).

Thanks for the replies already!

Oh that’s also a possibility but 3mm spacers that are hubcentric sound strange.

Nothing strange - they are saying 3mm spacers are needed [to clear the calipers] as well as a set of centre bore rings.

Normally, centre bore rings are included within the wheel package.

Make sure your longer bolts have the correct seat. Probably ok if your order them from HRE to suit those wheels, but if you get them elsewhere, you willl need to ask HRE if you should use ball or conical seats.

Oh I see. I took '3 mm spacers with an integrated centering from 66.6 to 57,1 mm' as one unit rather than two!
I have bolts that I kept from my golf that were used with the HRE. Ill have a look at what they are.

OK, re-reading their English, yes it does sound that HRE might make an integrated spacer centre ring. So yes, good for them. Fine. Same thing. Either way, just nuy what they recommend...

We shall see when they arrive! Thanks for the help. Need to get some extended bolts now.

We shall see when they arrive! Thanks for the help. Need to get some extended bolts now.
Not saying you don't need longer bolts, but have you checked how far the standard ones go through the hub? You may have 3mm to play with.
Might be worth checking. I guess the next length increment would be 5mm so likewise check these don't interfere with anything as they will protrude 2mm more. I can't believe it would be that tight but you never know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

[album=medium]4237[/album]
Well these arrived today. Inner size 57.1mm outer spigot 66.6mm to fit HRE alloys. Made by SCC in Germany. Looks like HRE got them specially made for their application.

Very smart, and easier to work with I imagine. SCC are possibly the premier place for hardware and fixings in Europe.

Good to know. They feel and look very good quality. Still debating whether to fit them or keep the original wheels on.

What do people think?

Attachments

• 20180405_110854.jpg
    20180405_110854.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 249