3l v6 petrol owners

Magrippa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The situation is this. I have an A7 tfsi 3l v6 2014 and it drives fine, no overheating and possibly a very small coolant loss, maybe 200ml over 6 months.

The problem is excessive vapour from the exhaust even after the engine is warm and at full running temperature.

My fear was head gasket, but did a chemical test and it is was negative and then did a coolant pressure test and it passed this.

I don’t know if I should carry on the investigating this for others causes. I see some other tfsi Audi’s and they can be steamy as well.

The problem is this. The golden rule of no visible smoke should come from the exhaust at full temp is being broken but everything else seems fine.

Anyone got any ideas.
Thanks

I think that you need to copy and paste this into a better area of this forum to get better coverage, even into the B8 A4 section as the S4 uses this engine.

No, you placed that copied thread into the B5 A4 section, you should have placed it into the B8 S4 section.

Hi and sorry for the mis-post all. I will repost in the correct area and thanks.