3G MMI High System - New Zealand maps

krb981

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 3G MMI high system reprogrammed with New Zealand maps? We have some cars being shipped their shortly and would like this taken care of before they leave.

I found something on an NZ website which says they take them out and send them back to the UK....

[FONT=&quot]As you may be aware imported vehicles into New Zealand from Europe will still be running the European navigation maps. In the past this used to be a simple case of swopping over a map disc and away you go. But with the new Audi 3G mmi high system this is not the case! As the system uses a very sophisticated Multimedia hard drive mapping system, it requires that the mapping data be downloaded from Audi's main server from Germany, which only a main dealer can do, or select companies that have been setup by Audi to allow changes to the new range of Audi vehicles. Our sister company based in the UK has such authorisation, and so we are able to first re-region the multimedia drive to let it know it is on the other side of the world, then download the map data onto the HDD, and last but most important activate the changes on Audi's servers, so that everytime you go in for a service the changes are not wiped out![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We do require the Audi multimedia drive from your vehicle to be sent in, these can be released using the Audi unlock keys, or a quick visit to your local main dealer. Once we have your drive we usually take between 10-14 days to get the unit back to you depending on how busy we are![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have any questions regarding this service please give us a call, or if you have a similar enquiry that is not listed just give us a shout and 99% of the time we can help![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl

Audi dealer updates maps - MMI firmware will also be changed from Europe

The car needs a link up with Germany for this to work - only Audi dealers can do this ;)

That's what I thought, but Audi Brentford have been trying since last Thursday and can't seem to manage it......

Hi there

I'd like to know more information about changing the UK maps to NZ ones, what is the process and the cost involved. Also does the multimedia drive need to sent back to your UK sister company?

Thanks
kiwi

Navi Service Poland can convert from and to any region. It is not a job Audi would undertake or have the facilities for.

I have used them twice to update to the latest maps in retrofitted 3G systems which again Audi will not update due to the chassis not being eligible for 3G.

Check there website and email them for prices.

Is that the same company that Karl was talking in the above thread?

Hi there

I'd like to know more information about changing the UK maps to NZ ones, what is the process and the cost involved. Also does the multimedia drive need to sent back to your UK sister company?

Thanks
kiwi

We can convert them here onsite in New Zealand. email navnz@outlook.com and we will help you with that.