3D maps - not working

srobins

Reaction score
Hi

I have a new A3 (8y). It comes with 3D maps. When I change the settings to see 3D maps, nothing changes. This is winding me up. Is this normal, am I doing something wrong here?

If someone could post a pic of what 3D maps looks like it would be helpful.

steve

Wondering if 3D maps is the same as the Googlemaps (with trees effect/buildings) overlay? I enabled the settings on the MMI, and sometimes I have the bog standard map, and sometimes when the Sat Nav decides, it gives me the the full 3D map overlay. Maybe it's to do with where they is strong network signal.

Wondering if 3D maps is the same as the Googlemaps (with trees effect/buildings) overlay? I enabled the settings on the MMI, and sometimes I have the bog standard map, and sometimes when the Sat Nav decides, it gives me the the full 3D map overlay. Maybe it's to do with where they is strong network signal.
Ok that’s interesting I will try that and have a look. Why would there be two ways to switch it on? Google and 3D maps choices?

Ok that’s interesting I will try that and have a look. Why would there be two ways to switch it on? Google and 3D maps choices?
I never really noticed that option until after it 'received' it's 3 software updates. Which didn't fix the SOS ping at all, but that's a whole other story.