360 Cameras and Discount

This is a RS Performance Forum we're all on....right.....and not a School run SUV forum.....????? folks that buy a 400 bhp car with a drift mode and some can't park it without a low resolution a drone mode ......gizmo .....enough said....

This is a RS Performance Forum we're all on....right.....and not a School run SUV forum.....????? folks that buy a 400 bhp car with a drift mode and some can't park it without a low resolution a drone mode ......gizmo .....enough said....

Yeah it a gizmo. Which I’d like to have. Just like you said you’d like to have the blind spot monitoring.

And I probably will use it for school runs, taking my son to piano lessons, going to the shops and commuting to work. As well as hooning about on the weekend.

It’s just an A3 with a big engine at the end of the day…

Why are you buying a Vorsprung instead of a base model if you find so many things gizmos rather than useful kit? Could save yourself some money? Not that you’re actually taking delivery anyway, but you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The £500 discount is a real thing due to the cameras being removed. If you didn't get it then I would go back to the dealer and ask for a refund.

Blind spot monitoring was never an option on UK cars - although I am not sure why not as my previous 8V had it in the driver assistance pack. The removal of wireless charging and TPMS wasn't even announced by Audi UK as far as I am aware. We only know this based on deliveries.

I would suggest someone should complain about that.
I don’t understand this as I have side assist/blind spot monitoring on an S3 Vorsprung which arrived in the uk in April of this year. Has it now been deleted as an option?

Only on the RS3 the S3 for some reason has it !!

Audi UK and their ways.

The rs4 shows 360 camera on the configurator. Makes you wonder.

Ps why has knowbody mentioned the tpms. Ide think that would be the best gizmo to have.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Daggerit
The rs4 shows 360 camera on the configurator. Makes you wonder.

Ps why has knowbody mentioned the tpms. Ide think that would be the best gizmo to have.

It’s definitely been mentioned. I think it might be something I’ll invest in from Kufatec as I really liked it on the demo car I drove. Annoying you have to add it on after buying the car, but thankfully not overly expensive to add compared to a lot of things that should’ve been included from factory.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
The only thing which I think is an utter configuration shambles and poor Audi ethos, is not including TPMS with the RS Dynamic pack, something which I will look into retro fitting. 360 on my previous car was nice to look at, but not something I'm missing on a smaller car.

The only thing which I think is an utter configuration shambles and poor Audi ethos, is not including TPMS with the RS Dynamic pack, something which I will look into retro fitting. 360 on my previous car was nice to look at, but not something I'm missing on a smaller car.

I’m sure I remember it being part of ceramic brakes being added, but may well have been a different model in the past. Seems a little mad you can do 180mph but don’t get direct TPMS to keep an eye on things.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and RichK
Perhaps, but definitely not this time round, a bit crazy from Audi.

Yeah, seems pretty silly. Especially as it was clearly available on the early Frankenstein and Launch Edition cars.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, 8YARWY and Add_Profile
Yeah, seems pretty silly. Especially as it was clearly available on the early Frankenstein and Launch Edition cars.

Easy to retro fit though.

Done it on a few 8V’s now.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Daggerit, Terminator x and 1 other person
I’m sure I remember it being part of ceramic brakes being added, but may well have been a different model in the past. Seems a little mad you can do 180mph but don’t get direct TPMS to keep an eye on things.

On a track with ceramics and no way to monitor tyre temps is nuts.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 8YARWY
Sounds like a Group Buy if ever I've seen one!

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Daggerit, Terminator x and 1 other person
Easy to retro fit though.

Done it on a few 8V’s now.

I’m sure it is, just annoying we have to pay extra for it when it came standard on the early cars.

On the latest Autogefuhl RS3 video he has a flat bottomed suede cloth steering wheel and the car has lane assist too - so Audi UK are making things up saying only circular steering wheels can do active lane assist.

On the latest Autogefuhl RS3 video he has a flat bottomed suede cloth steering wheel and the car has lane assist too - so Audi UK are making things up saying only circular steering wheels can do active lane assist.

isnt the issue it can’t be combined with ACC rather that ALL?

He was doing ACC and Active Lane Assist in the latest video with a flat bottomed Audi design pack suede steering wheel so not sure think Audi UK were telling fibs.

He was doing ACC and Active Lane Assist in the latest video with a flat bottomed Audi design pack suede steering wheel so not sure think Audi UK were telling fibs.

I saw that too except if you select the driver assistance pack on the Audi Germany site it changes the wheel as well to the round alcantara.

Something strange is clearly going on here - it may be like @billymc92 has said that if you code out the emergency assist then everything will work; so maybe the features can work with the flat-bottom wheel but Audi due to regulations are required to provide a round wheel. But then again that car in that video had all of those features.

It is confusing - just like Audi USA says the RS3 has 401hp and can do 0-62 in 3.6 seconds... (we know that these cars all seem to have just over 400 based on dyno runs but then why to advertise different speeds and power?)

The plate on the car was IN RS 3XXX which is assigned to the Audi Germany factory so I think it was and official car of sorts.

I saw that too except if you select the driver assistance pack on the Audi Germany site it changes the wheel as well to the round alcantara.

Something strange is clearly going on here - it may be like @billymc92 has said that if you code out the emergency assist then everything will work; so maybe the features can work with the flat-bottom wheel but Audi due to regulations are required to provide a round wheel. But then again that car in that video had all of those features.

It is confusing - just like Audi USA says the RS3 has 401hp and can do 0-62 in 3.6 seconds... (we know that these cars all seem to have just over 400 based on dyno runs but then why to advertise different speeds and power?)
No! they have hp rather than PS and 0-60mph rather than 0-62mph (0-100kph) figures
52F3E501 DA0B 42CE A76B C9F4F572DB6A
1B6E641B DE02 42AB A458 7A04F2A6E857

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Mastachaz and Mike.46
Isn't is because the US cars don't have the OPF fitted

Maybe, but I think it’s more likely that they use measuring systems that make both of those numbers appear more impressive than over here.

You have a point on the 0-60/62.

But on the power the 400PS is 395 hp and they quote 401 hp.

It’s 395bhp, but their hp is different than ours… Google PS to hp versus bhp, and they’ll likely match up.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and 3vans
Does anyone have the exact downloaded PDF of the memo Audi UK posted to their Audi Hub on October 28th of last year about refunding £500 for the cameras or can they get me a copy at all?

Audi UK and Jardine are denying such an update ever existed which seems seriously strange is how I’ll word it.

If anyone can get me a copy of that specific memo I’d be very grateful.

Thanks
DM

Yes I have it, Bristol audi did they same to me untill I told them I would speak to audi UK myself. Then they manage to "find" it.

I'll dig it out later

Reactions: RS03???, DangerMouseUK, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I dunno why anyone would want blind-spot warning over 360 camera. This is what mirrors are for!

if you only ever use it once, 360 camera will save an alloy.

Yes I have it, Bristol audi did they same to me untill I told them I would speak to audi UK myself. Then they manage to "find" it.

I'll dig it out later
If you could attach it to a post I would be grateful as well. I’m sure I’ll get the same response when I ask about mine.

Does anyone have the exact downloaded PDF of the memo Audi UK posted to their Audi Hub on October 28th of last year about refunding £500 for the cameras or can they get me a copy at all?

Audi UK and Jardine are denying such an update ever existed which seems seriously strange is how I’ll word it.

If anyone can get me a copy of that specific memo I’d be very grateful.

Thanks
DM

I had it aswell but for the life of me l can't find d it mate but glad @CarterRS has a copy for you

I dunno why anyone would want blind-spot warning over 360 camera. This is what mirrors are for!

if you only ever use it once, 360 camera will save an alloy.
You kinda contradicted yourself there l mean a A3 is mahoosive vehicle to park....not just use your auto dipping mirror/mirror to park the thing..anyway

I'll dig it out later

Thanks mate. Would be really helpful to have a copy.

I know the exact date it was posted on Audi UK’s internal hub as someone from Audi UK actually told me - then everyone after that denied it!

Audi UK and Jardine have both gone on record to say nothing like that was ever mentioned and they obviously know differently so I’m in disbelief as to why they’re saying it.

Was also told by someone reasonably high up in Jardine that “Audi UK will say that spec taken off isn’t important” - you can imagine how that conversation went.

Going to get in touch with Audi Germany’s Whistleblower/Investigation department next week as there’s something very strange going on between Audi UK and my retailer and maybe others. At least they will be able to access internal emails, etc.

If they’ve done this to hundreds of customers that all made the initial order and then they quietly dropped both the initial discount pledge and then loads more spec that they deemed “not important” then this could be quite a big thing, just need to gauge how many people it’s happened to and how much Audi UK & the retailers did know about this happening vs. what they are going on record and completely denying ever saying - I’m guessing this is where Audi Germany can get involved and go through emails/comms/internal hubs etc …

Anyway thanks for any help any of you can provide on this one I’d really appreciate it as I feel like they’re trying to turn me over!

This with the reference number at the top should be enough for them to search for it

Attachments

• 20220625_200624.jpg
    20220625_200624.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: RS03???, billymc92, 3vans and 1 other person
This with the reference number at the top should be enough for them to search for it

Thanks a lot mate that will really help.

I feel at this point Audi UK and the retailers are actively not being factual with how they’re dealing with this which seems really wrong to me.

Reactions: 3vans and CarterRS
There's already options available for all the 'missing' kit with genuine parts from Kufatec. So it's ******** that Audi can't get hold of stuff to put on our cars...

TPMS (350 EUR)

Wireless charging (350 EUR)

Blind spot monitoring (680 EUR)

360° Camera (2414 EUR)
TPMS the most needed of all.

Reactions: RS03??? and DangerMouseUK
TPMS the most needed of all.

Glad I still have it like on the 8V FL.

It’s an easy retro fit though……

Lol who’s gonna pay that for the 360 degree retrofit though, bonkers.

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06 and DangerMouseUK
Hey mate,

Is there any way you have access any of the other Audi Hub messages where they discuss the removal of Wireless Charging and any comments on that from memory a figure of £175 was bandied about before they went into full deny mode on that one too? Or any other comms from the Audi Hub or Audi UK relating to all the spec being quietly dropped.

As far as I'm aware they never "officially" disclosed dropping the following;
- 2 Rear USB-C's
- TPMS
- Audi Side Assist + Additional Features

Although I have a feeling there will be internal messages between Audi UK, Audi DE and UK Retailers about the spec being quietly removed even though I was categorically told by someone in Jardine Management that Audi UK doesn't think dropping features like the above is really all that important even though they had no knowledge of them being dropped. Couldn't make up some of what I've been told.

If there's any other features they've dropped that I haven't spotted or any other comms or copies of comms you have that Audi or your retailer sent you if you could post them here or PM me them as I've got someone interested in this at the moment and the more proof I have the better.

Thanks
DM

Only had that one sent to me by the dealer, he attached it to the refund form. So they could claim it back from audi UK I suppose

Yeah fair enough they (Audi Customer Services and Executive Office + Jardine) denied the email/annoucement ever having existed. I'm also sure there's more emails and docs/postings that they're not owning up to yet either.

Still trying to see if there's anymore information on the Audi Hub about any of the parts removal before I push on though - if anyone has any please let me know.

I have a feeling Audi UK are trying to get away with shipping the cars with as little extra kit as they can as it increases their margins on the cars and if no customers notice/kick up a fuss and they don't officially annouce it they can simply deny the cars were ever supposed to come with that kit in the first place.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this is the new way they're going to do things moving forwards.