360 Cameras and Discount

Reaction score
Alright Guys.

When the 360 Cameras were taken off the Vorsprung orders - did Audi UK send an email to everyone saying there would be a price decrease or was it the individual dealers that sent out an email?

Was just going over my past invoices and checking them and realised I never got the £500 off for the surround cameras - was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

If you had the original Audi UK email or something similar do you mind sharing it so I have a point of reference to go back on?

Salesman told me and deducted the amount never got a email from nobody was the wireless charging price not taken off aswell?

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Ah so might have been an internal dealership email then, had in my head Audi UK sent it out but oh well. Got it wrong!

Will query it with the dealer directly then as there was no discount made on my pricing at all . . .

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'd be curious to query all the stuff that's been removed. From memory I think that the Vorsprung (potentially only cars with the dynamic pack though) had the direct tyre monitoring system advertised, and I also thought that there was blind spot monitoring as well. I know that it was definitely on the RSQ3 Vorsprung models, so presumed it would also be on our cars.

Was it £500 for the 360 camera and £175 for the wireless charging that people were originally offered? Mine is through a broker so I assume that once I have a confirmed build date I can just send them an email and they can re-calculate things.

Reactions: 3vans
Who did you get an email from then? :p
No email l was informed ny the salesman who then redone a new finance calculation for me and then 2 month's later he done another finance calculation for the paint colour change again stipulated the car will not come with 360 degrees camera and wireless charging

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-162430_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-162430_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: DangerMouseUK
The £500 discount is a real thing due to the cameras being removed. If you didn't get it then I would go back to the dealer and ask for a refund.

Blind spot monitoring was never an option on UK cars - although I am not sure why not as my previous 8V had it in the driver assistance pack. The removal of wireless charging and TPMS wasn't even announced by Audi UK as far as I am aware. We only know this based on deliveries.

I would suggest someone should complain about that.

Reactions: 3vans and DangerMouseUK
I have the official email from audi UK to the dealers regarding this as I had to ask for it to get mine off.

When I get a chance I can post it if it will help out

Reactions: 3vans and DangerMouseUK
I have the official email from audi UK to the dealers regarding this as I had to ask for it to get mine off.

When I get a chance I can post it if it will help out
That would be helpful as Audi UK are telling me they never sent that email - couldn't make it up!!

The £500 discount is a real thing due to the cameras being removed. If you didn't get it then I would go back to the dealer and ask for a refund.

Blind spot monitoring was never an option on UK cars - although I am not sure why not as my previous 8V had it in the driver assistance pack. The removal of wireless charging and TPMS wasn't even announced by Audi UK as far as I am aware. We only know this based on deliveries.

I would suggest someone should complain about that.
No Audi side assist...f@@k me sideways....... the only good thing about having the DAP .....so what does the DAP have.....semi autonomous cruise control......that's it.....? pile of $hit that's what it is l had side assist on my TTS thought it was brilliant

Reactions: garethdj and RS03???
No Audi side assist...f@@k me sideways....... the only good thing about having the DAP .....so what does the DAP have.....semi autonomous cruise control......that's it.....? pile of $hit that's what it is l had side assist on my TTS thought it was brilliant
Had side-assist as an optional extra on the 8V and was useful, specially on the undisciplined drivers on Motorway these days. Really miss it on the 8Y RS3.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Jassyo06
Here is a configuration for a Vorsprung on 12/08/2021 - mine is actually a different number as I did it on the dealer configurator before the consumer website was up.
It does list 360 camera but not the other things discussed here, like TPMS and side assist. So don’t really know if they were standard but I think not. Just part of the LE spec.
MSG have not mentioned the removal of 360 camera yet but I’m waiting to get a confirmed build week still.
Maybe Audi are waiting for the 360 to come back into stock to build mine - probably not ☹️

Attachments

• RS_3_Saloon-AEYTXDKC.pdf
    593.2 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: Jassyo06 and DangerMouseUK
Had side-assist as an optional extra on the 8V and was useful, specially on the undisciplined drivers on Motorway these days. Really miss it on the 8Y RS3.

Irony is the MY22 S3 Vorsprung I had for a brief time had it fitted so bit of a liberty if you ask me ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*** I didn’t even think to question if it had blind spot assist. I thought Vorsprung was supposed to have everything?! Like others side with adaptive cruise lane keep etc I just thought it would come with it.

That being said I could swear the launch edition/Frankenstein spec I drove at the dealer had it on but could be dreaming that.

*** I didn’t even think to question if it had blind spot assist. I thought Vorsprung was supposed to have everything?! Like others side with adaptive cruise lane keep etc I just thought it would come with it.

That being said I could swear the launch edition/Frankenstein spec I drove at the dealer had it on but could be dreaming that.

The LE does not have it either.etrofit

And I wish we had the 360 camera. Maybe a few months down the line someone will offer a retrofit but it is likely to be very expensive.

Reactions: garethdj
The LE does not have it either.etrofit

And I wish we had the 360 camera. Maybe a few months down the line someone will offer a retrofit but it is likely to be very expensive.
There's already options available for all the 'missing' kit with genuine parts from Kufatec. So it's ******** that Audi can't get hold of stuff to put on our cars...

TPMS (350 EUR)

Wireless charging (350 EUR)

Blind spot monitoring (680 EUR)

360° Camera (2414 EUR)

Reactions: cooperp and garethdj
There's already options available for all the 'missing' kit with genuine parts from Kufatec. So it's ******** that Audi can't get hold of stuff to put on our cars...

TPMS (350 EUR)

360° Camera (2414 EUR)

The cost of the 360 camera is prohibitively high - the other three are reasonable. Maybe the blind spot seems a bit on the high side.

But the main problem here is the installation of the camera system will require a lot more money to complete.

Reactions: garethdj

TPMS (350 EUR)

360° Camera (2414 EUR)
Blind spot monitoring would also incur further expense of new door mirror covers
As would the 360 camera's

Blind spot monitoring would also incur further expense of new door mirror covers
As would the 360 camera's
True for the blind spot monitoring but the 360 camera setup comes with the new mirror bases so everything is included in that one. I would hope so for the price!

True for the blind spot monitoring but the 360 camera setup comes with the new mirror bases so everything is included in that one. I would hope so for the price!
360 camera system is of no interest to me personally...don't see why others are miffed at it being deleted...gizmo at best especially on a small car like the A3
Blind spot monitoring yes its a good gadget to have ....

360 camera system is of no interest to me personally...don't see why others are miffed at it being deleted...gizmo at best especially on a small car like the A3
Blind spot monitoring yes its a good gadget to have ....
I don't use it for things like revers parking, but it's good to keep an eye on where your alloys are in respect to the curb without having to move your mirror about each time. And for really tight gaps and stuff it's kinda helpful. Generally find it more useful than the blind spot monitoring as I can turn my head to check that, but no way I can see my front alloy from the driver seat for example.

Reactions: Frizzley
I don't use it for things like revers parking, but it's good to keep an eye on where your alloys are in respect to the curb without having to move your mirror about each time. And for really tight gaps and stuff it's kinda helpful. Generally find it more useful than the blind spot monitoring as I can turn my head to check that, but no way I can see my front alloy from the driver seat for example.
Exactly for wheel kerbs and seeing when parking it is super useful. Admittedly you can make the argument you don’t need any of this technology as you can lean out your window or open the door while parking :)

360 cameras are definitely something I would like - but I think the price has to come down somewhat.

Reactions: Daggerit
Exactly for wheel kerbs and seeing when parking it is super useful. Admittedly you can make the argument you don’t need any of this technology as you can lean out your window or open the door while parking :)

360 cameras are definitely something I would like - but I think the price has to come down somewhat.
I wonder if you could negotiate for Audi to pay for the kit... :tearsofjoy:

On an A3 not exactly a juggernaut is it lol l never park my car next to a kerb or in a tight parking space I've got the Mrs car to use if l do

Going by the state of the alloys on your 8V .....a revisit to Specsavers is needed not 360 cameras

Reactions: NevMan
Best bets probably to wait a couple of years until the Nurburgring has consumed a few and the parts show up on eBay lol

• Haha
On an A3 not exactly a juggernaut is it lol l never park my car next to a kerb or in a tight parking space I've got the Mrs car to use if l do
I managed without on my S4 Avant and never curbed an alloy, but that doesn't mean it's not a nice to have feature. I manage without heated seats currently, but I'd still be annoyed if they took them off the RS3 because it's a nice to have. option.

Going by the state of the alloys on your 8V .....a revisit to Specsavers is needed not 360 cameras
LOL I haven’t curbed the new car yet! But I happen to have very high pavements in London where I live and the curb isn’t straight so it is is extra easy to scratch an alloy.

One good benefit of the LE wheels is they aren’t diamond cut so easy to get a smart repair.

I asked for a UK quote with install for the 360 camera and it was £3300….!

have you tried to reverse the car with the door open yet ? - both my S5 and my old drivers wont reverse if the drivers door is open!

have you tried to reverse the car with the door open yet ? - both my S5 and my old drivers wont reverse if the drivers door is open!
It is because it auto-applies the handbrake.

Just turn it off and you can. However, it still isn't easy to see the front wheels... which is what a 360 camera system should be on the car as originally specced.

Reactions: Frizzley
360 camera madness

If you cannot park or manoeuvre a car without assistance from a camera, you should hand back your license……

I'm sure the auto dipping to see the kerbs in reverse door mirrors do a similar job.

£500 off the price of the car seems a little frugal especially with the c*ap quality reverse camera

I'm sure the auto dipping to see the kerbs in reverse door mirrors do a similar job.

£500 off the price of the car seems a little frugal especially with the c*ap quality reverse camera
Auto dipping is only one side. And you still can’t see the front.

And considering getting one fitted after market is £4000 I’d suggest Audi should have given a bigger discount! I know fitting it in the factory is not like a retrofit but still…

Front camera deals with that, and just make sure you always park to the side that has the dipping mirror, I always do, problem solved

Front camera deals with that, and just make sure you always park to the side that has the dipping mirror, I always do, problem solved
It would. Except you don't have the front camera without the 360 camera package, so we're back to wanting the whole pack. Haha.

Reactions: NevMan
It would. Except you don't have the front camera without the 360 camera package, so we're back to wanting the whole pack. Haha.

At, fair enough, and suppose front sensors are any good? At least you won’t curb straight on

At, fair enough, and suppose front sensors are any good? At least you won’t curb straight on

Yeah that’s fair enough. It’s an assistance system that I’ll certainly manage without, my current car doesn’t have any parking sensors at all and is the length of a small yacht and I’ve not crashed into anything yet. Not that I’d care with my sh!tbox of a car.

I’d prefer to have it for a bit of extra help though, given the option.