345mm S3 disc upgrade

Best man for brake issues is DaveB1970.

Have you considered a proper big brake system as opposed to just discs?

Last edited:
Even if you change the disc,you're still left with the OEM calipers,and a decent big kit will offer you far better results,such as the AP or VWR kits,if cost is not so much of an option.

This is where its at:

32ae616e.jpg

8 pot Gallardo calipers, with 362mm 2 piece AP discs along with TT-RS Master Cylinder :wub:

you can buy another car with the same expense that goes into getting that brake setup :wub:
I made do with the VWR kit on mine,which seems adequate,and as I said earlier,it's worth getting in touch with Dave for all Audi related brake issues,as he has a good selection of solutions to offer.

Do you need spacers for the VWR or AP kits?
I have std 8P3 wheels.

Do you need spacers for the VWR or AP kits?
I have std 8P3 wheels.

Not for the VWRACING kit as the bell mount takes that into account but you need a spacer for the AP kit which they can include.

Both are good kits and will stop you far better than the stock system and without fade either.

Not for the VWRACING kit as the bell mount takes that into account but you need a spacer for the AP kit which they can include.

Both are good kits and will stop you far better than the stock system and without fade either.

Would you suggest 10mm spacers on the rear then if you were to use VWR kit?
The site shows the calipers in black but says red and special order R32 blue only?
I'd prefer black rather than daft red ones!

Would you suggest 10mm spacers on the rear then if you were to use VWR kit?
The site shows the calipers in black but says red and special order R32 blue only?
I'd prefer black rather than daft red ones!

You won't need rear spacers.

The bell mount or spacer in the case of the AP is only about 2mm wider and just enough to clear the caliper.

Mine are black.

What will you buy if there was no big brake kits available?
Will you stay with OEM or something else?

I can vouch for the AP kit got them on my S3 for normal road use there same bitting as standard and round brands hatch they where miles better than standard some serious stopping power and alot less fade go for a proper BBK like VWR or AP have heard a few good reviews on Forge's BBK which is around the same price