30mm,35mm or 40mm??????

frazgsi

Reaction score
Just curious to see what the different ride heights look like on the a4. I cant decide on 30 or 40mm lowering springs. Im not wanting it super low just enough to fill the gap in the arches when I fit a set of 18inch rs6's.

Would you kindly post pics of yours and I can make my final decision.

it varies so much from car to car, depending on the exact spec etc. I have 30mm springs, and yet it sits lower than my dads old A4 did on 40mm.

yeh, bear in mind the measurement is from standard rideheight too. If you have a sport, its already lowered 20mm from the factory, so a 40mm kit will only lower your car 20mm more.

no its not a sport mate, well i dont think so anyway lol.

Its jst a 2000 a4 2.8 quattro

I think all the quattros ran sport suspension. Do you have the sport seats and 3 spoke steering wheel as well?

oh crap aye i do so its sports susp then?? its got full leather like the s4 and the steering wheel with the little red badge on the bottom

yeh its probably on sports suspension then. Look in the service sticker for a PR code that starts "1B" eg "1BE" that'll tell you for sure if its sport or not.

From memory 1BA is normal suspension, and 1BD or 1BE is sport.

Right one last issue guys, I've got a set of 19inch mtm rep alloys . My question is is it going to look like a 4x4 on standard springs with this size of alloys. The largest size I've eve had on a car is 17inch so please excuse my ignorance . Will I see a difference fitting 30mm springs with such huge alloys

You won't see much of a difference with 35mm spring on a sport and with stock

that sit very well, nice looking, i am not able to afford over £200 for springs right now, ones on ebay are only £100. ive also been offered rs4 springs, are these shorter than my standard springs???

the link to these ones are for the 1.8t mate. ive got he "heavy v6 lump" so thats why i asked about rs4 springs

the link to these ones are for the 1.8t mate. ive got he "heavy v6 lump" so thats why i asked about rs4 springs

Sorry didnt see your post of what model you got the RS4 springs will be stiffer but also wont lower it much as theres not the weight of the 2.7T lump up front and the extra weight of the rear etc and you'd probably not like the way it drives if you fitted them.

These should be ok i think :-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291180204940

yes the 2.8, id imagine the engines are same weight , all im missing is the turbos and cooler.but I hear what your saying, i go for lowering springs then for sure

The biturbo engine is quite a bit heavier, and the gearbox is 20-30kg more too.

Stick to springs designed for the 2.8Q