302kph with REVO stg1 !!

Amchlolor

Proof that was on a road, and not a rolling road?

Spin140

bowfer said:
Proof that was on a road, and not a rolling road?

Synic !! LOL :)

Amchlolor

I find it hard to believe it was on a proper road.
The fact the film never deviates from the speedo is suspicious.
So is the speed itself, given that the S3 isn't a fantastically aerodynamic shape (not having a pop, just stating facts)
There would be no wind resistance in a nice rolling road warehouse...

marriedblonde

hmmm not convinced it seems to be piling on the speed quite quickly...

Amchlolor

JohnS3 said:
He had the ESP off, is that standard procedure when running on rollers?

Good spot.

drs3

Hi to all,
a friend of mine is the owner of this audi s3 and I WAS IN THE CAR when we filmed this video!It's all real!We managed to go up to 302km/h in a high-way here in Athens-Greece!Some specs of the car:full milltek exhaust,injen intake,REVO stage2 upgrade,forge blowoff valve!This car was in the Drive magazine (Greece) and the horsepower is 348hp at 6300rpm!Ask anythink you want....

Baws

drs3

Sorry,but i was wrong!The car that appeared in the magazine is not my friend's s3 but another one that has by the way the same specs.....I just wanted to mention the mistake i made!sorry again....

drs3

My friend with the 348hp S3 just saw the video and confirmed that this is not his S3!So i cannot really tell whether the car in this video is in a road or a rolling road!But looking at the video again and again(we were very surpriced to see that a Greek S3 could reach such a top spped) we concluded that the car had probably been on a rolling road!Next time i will be more informed before i post again!Sorry....:sorry:

L

L60N

I dont think we'll ever know if its real. Once that thing hit 188mph, he will have inadvertantly activated the flux capactor, god only knows where he is now............

:) I liked that one.

Johnnyb

By the way, being born in glasgow myself but now living in leeds, i can confirm "Baws" means "********" nice to hear it actually

S

S3IZZO

revomike said:
How did the day go..

We was asked by PVW to pop over if we had a R8 lol... But we dont. !!

The day went really well, Elliott managed to track down a guy with an R8...the timing gear wouldn't stick though but managed to get times down for the rest and I got to have a play with the other 2.0T FSI offerings which confirmed I made the right choice getting an S3 :icon_thumright:

S

S3IZZO

Can't remember the times, have to wait until it's published - revo was turned off for the lap times but I had a play with it on afterwards.

L

L60N

revomike said:
he may have ran out of road lol.....

Aye Mike, i dont doubt it, im just a sarcy (insert derogatory term ) :icon_thumright:

JamS3

revomike said:
he may have ran out of road lol.....

"Where we are going we dont need roads...."

Vag-Lover

simch said:
301kph..........my ****! need 500hp for that in an 8p s3!!
You may need 500hp.

But don't forget that Greeks always do it better... :hubbahubba:

p.s.: this is a real road test, there are plenty of videos.

newbiecrg

windsurfer
I managed 164 mph (262 km/h) on mine on a portuguese motorway. This was read on the digital speedo, analogic one was reading 270km/h. Could go further if I only had more road... Don't real know the actual real speed.

But did this on my standard S3, just me in the car and a half tank of fuel. Managed it two times already so it wasn't a one off.

Never reached the redline or had a limiter of any kind working...

Anyone has maxxed up their standard S3?

Pedro

Pedro

siu00adg

newbiecrg said:
I managed 164 mph (262 km/h) on mine on a portuguese motorway. This was read on the digital speedo, analogic one was reading 270km/h. Could go further if I only had more road... Don't real know the actual real speed.

But did this on my standard S3, just me in the car and a half tank of fuel. Managed it two times already so it wasn't a one off.

Never reached the redline or had a limiter of any kind working...

Anyone has maxxed up their standard S3?

Pedro

Pedro
166 on the digital readout with 3 people in the car and lots of luggage, totally stock, speedo overreads 6% though. Could have gone faster but ran out of road.

Gotta love the autobahns! Would be interesting to drive through Germany again after the 330bhp GIAP remap.

newbiecrg

windsurfer
So I am not the only one to get those speeds that's good...

Pedro