3 year service plan @ £399 - thoughts?

PjDali

Reaction score
I've tended to change cars as they approach 3 years so never really looked buying a service plan before.

My 2010 plate was put on the road March 2010 on a variable service regime and having looked back at my 1st service which cost £256 and considering if I had kept my car to get the next service done presumably @ 36 months I suspect that would have cost as much if not more than £256 so I wonder if the £399 literally covers all labour and parts?

I do approx 6000 miles a year and now having bluetooth, satnav, and all i think i need on my new SB to keep me and my wife happy for a good while, I'm thinking i may just keep this car for 3 years and beyond hence considering going for the 3 year service plan.

Has anyone taken this option before and found it comprehensive or are their hidden service costs (out with wear & tear items like wipers).

Is their scope for dealer to budge on the plan price or have i missed the boat on that as salesman has already got his deal done with my car now just waiting pick up?

If you're keeping the car beyond 2 years it's a no brainer as your first service will cost slightly less than this. Depending on the engine I would have a word with an Audi Service bod and ask what the service schedule is for your model as it can be purchased after collection.
There are no hidden costs; it covers the servicing including parts and labour at ANY Audi centre. There is a more comprehensive service pack you can get that will cover absolutely everything including tyres!!
And yes, I have had it with pretty much every new car I've purchased, and have usually negotiated it into the deal so even if I've kept the car two years it's still great peace of mind.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, i think i will opt for this as it does seem reasonable at £399.

Will see if the dealer has any scope to discount it.....

P.

If you're keeping the car for the full 3 years and you do less than 10k, I think it's worth it. It gets a bit more difficult if you plan to do more than 10k or if you're going to change before 3 years.

Frustrating that VW charge £299 for the same when the engine and consumables are identical though. The price of prestige....

If you're keeping the car for the full 3 years and you do less than 10k, I think it's worth it. It gets a bit more difficult if you plan to do more than 10k or if you're going to change before 3 years.

Frustrating that VW charge £299 for the same when the engine and consumables are identical though. The price of prestige....

I genuinely think we will be keeping this car beyond 3 years as it has everything I really need and agree about equivalent VW price....I doubt we'll do more than 6000 miles a year and the more I think about it I'll def' ask the dealer about it.

Thanks for the post.

It may be worth asking for a quote on 'Audi Complete' as the fixed price one is based on 10k. This will allow you to combine servicing, maintenance and tyres.

Just a thought... it may work out competitive on such a low mileage.

Glad someone started a thread on this. Picking up my new SB on Monday and been trying to do the sums to see if the £399 is worth it, as opposed to Audi complete or just sticking the cash in the bank each month.

if it helps anyone at all I asked the dealer for service prices for the new a3 SB 2.0tdi and they are as follows:

Interim Service - £246
Brake Fluid Change - £67
Major Service - £367
Air-con Service - £69

Audi complete is £45 a month for me over 4 years and based on 12k a year.
over 3 years its £37 a month
for 4 years but without tyres (just service and maintenance) it's £32 a month.

Still can't decide what to do, on variable servicing so difficult to weigh it all up!

Assuming an interim and a major service are covered under the 3 year service plan (within the 36 months doing circa 10,000 miles a year), then the outlay of £399 looks very attractive in comparison to £613 service costs.....from memory brake fluid change is due around 3 years so would be curious if the 3 yr service plan includes that? (appreciate you'll maybe be doing neaer 12k)

As Hittchy suggested I may as well as enquire about the Audi Complete package, as my mileage will be closer to 6,000 a year and appreciate posting about the prices here ......I'll duly post any further info I get from my own dealer

Read this earlier on the Audi site and whilst it references an A1 Service Plan covering 5 years, it names the various elements covered (and only £250):

The new Audi A1 Service Plan is reassuringly comprehensive and you’re covered for the following throughout the duration of your Plan as per the manufacturer’s LongLife service schedule:

3 oil change services
2 inspection services (no oil)
2 pollen filters
1 fuel filter (diesel only)
1 air filter
2 brake fluid changes
1 spark plug change (petrol only)

I'll not be picking my car up until 23rd so have some time to decide what I'm gonna do.......

.....from memory brake fluid change is due around 3 years so would be curious if the 3 yr service plan includes that? (appreciate you'll maybe be doing neaer 12k).......

yes, it does but the service deal is 3yrs or 30k whichever comes first so if you hit 30k before 3 years you'll have to pay for brake fluid change yourself (paraphrasing dealers words to me). Given my mileage will be more like 12-14k I know, knowing my luck, I'd end up hitting 30k before the second (and I'm guessing major) service is due.

For me it def sounds I'd do OK for £399 but wonder if your car hitting 30k miles would it not then trigger the major service even it were at 30 months? (you'd then have interim and major service for £399)

Thereafter any subsequent service requirement beyond 30k is no longer covered under the plan or would that be hoping for too much from Audi :noway:

For me it def sounds I'd do OK for £399 but wonder if your car hitting 30k miles would it not then trigger the major service even it were at 30 months?

Thereafter any subsequent service requirement beyond 30k is no longer covered under the plan or would that be hoping for too much from Audi :noway:

id tend to agree if you're on fixed service schedule it's worth it. Apparently variable will bring the car in for service anywhere between 9k and 19k and given that I'm mostly doing motorway and a roads I'm guessing ill be up there at the top end! I don't know how it works with bringing car in at certain major intervals.

found the brochure for a3 service plan and 399 includes:

oil change services
inspection services
1 pollen filter at 24 months or 20k
1 brake fluid at 36 months

I queried with the dealer if the A3 3 year service plan was available on SB as brochure suggested it was only A3 3dr?!? But confirmed it is available on SB so will go for it.

Is the £399 for fixed interval (I.e. once a year or 9000 miles, which ever comes sooner), or variable interval.

Obviously on fixed, you would get 3 services, whereas on variable interval with up to 2 years possible between services, it might only be one service in the 3 year period ?

I've been led to believe this will cover variable servicing for me which includes the interim and major and all that these services include. Obviously major will need to be done as car hits year 3 irrespective of what car suggests when next service is due.

Will be asking in writing exactly where I stand but chat with dealer last week he was sure I'd be getting interim and major services for £399.

Will ask tomorrow if I opted for fixed term if it amounts to same service regime albeit over 2 years as opposed to 3 (if that makes sense)

Last edited: