3" tip and billet adapter

Crazypete00

Reaction score
so long story short, i had a cheapo 2nd hand 3" tip and billet adapter fitted to the car. wanted to remove it and fit my b5 tip. while trying to remove the little grub screw in the billet adapter, the hex bit snapped inside the screw and now i cant remove it.

the grub screw is at the 3 o'clock position so its at the position with the most space but nowhere near enough to get a drill or anything in to remove it. anyone got any ideas on how i can get this piece of $hit out?

so long story short, i had a cheapo 2nd hand 3" tip and billet adapter fitted to the car. wanted to remove it and fit my b5 tip. while trying to remove the little grub screw in the billet adapter, the hex bit snapped inside the screw and now i cant remove it.

the grub screw is at the 3 o'clock position so its at the position with the most space but nowhere near enough to get a drill or anything in to remove it. anyone got any ideas on how i can get this piece of $hit out?

you are screwed :(

What B5 tip are you fitting?

its the 3" tip with the billet adapter

you are screwed :(

ye it feels that way....

ye i think i probably could get that in there... its worth a shot. otherwise i might try a dremel or small angle grinder in there

the hex bit still in the head of the grub screw? strong magnet might be able to pull the hex bit out.. you may need to agitate the bit inside the screw somehow though before it pops out

I must be missing something here. But can you fit the b5 tip onto the existing adaptor? Leave the adaptor where it is.

I must be missing something here. But can you fit the b5 tip onto the existing adaptor? Leave the adaptor where it is.

ye sorry didnt make this bit clear. the current billet adapter is not genuine, it only has a very small area where the TIP can slid onto and i think this is why it keeps popping off. The genuine billet adapter has over twice the purchase area for the TIP and i'm hoping this will stop the hose popping off.

i have tried all sorts to stopping the tip coming off with no luck. hence the reason i need to get it off.