3" DP & Sports Cat Gaskets

Smokey_clark

12th Gear
Reaction score
Hi people,

I've had a search but not got any definite answers, getting my XS power DP and sports cat fitted next week.

No gaskets are supplied with the DP, i know i will need one for the DP to turbo connection (but which one?)
Also do i need another gasket to join the DP to the sports cat?

Parts numbers or linkys for thanks/likes!!

Is this one ok for DP to turbo?

UNIVERSAL 3" EXHAUST DOWNPIPE GASKET 3 BOLT / 3 INCH BN | eBay

(Also how long should a VAG garage be estimating for fitting this if the old one can be chopped to help removal)

Cheers,
Chris.

Let the garage order the part in from TPS mate... any ebay tat will blow very quickly and do NOT buy that pile o ****e in your ebay link...:)

Essentially buy an OEM part from a dealer, not expensive and certainly outlast anything else you may save a pound on...

<tuffty/>

Legend as always tufty!
I couldn't see an oem one and i read before that any 3" gasket would be ok hence that link.

Any ideas on labour to replace my oem dp? would it be the same as the catalogue time for standard DP replacement? (ie 2.5hrs)

Also anyone know about the dp to sports cat join? pretty sure there was no gasket provided in the box from XS Power!

Last edited:
Legend as always tufty!
I couldn't see an oem one and i read before that any 3" gasket would be ok hence that link.

Any ideas on labour to replace my oem dp? would it be the same as the catalogue time for standard DP replacement? (ie 2.5hrs)

Also anyone know about the dp to sports cat join? pretty sure there was no gasket provided in the box from XS Power!

If book time is 2.5hrs then no reason why it can't be done in that time... fitting a 3" DP is easier than refitting an OEM one... only agro maybe how confused they get attaching the exhaust to the end...

The 2 bolt flange can be sealed with exhaust sealant, its what I use on any I have done and works well...

<tuffty/>

Be good to hear how this is on your car and what difference it makes

Thinking of getting one either between xspower or pipewerx

Cheers guys,

Booked in for 19th with a whole load of other stuff.
I think 2.5 hours sounds reasonable (to me anyway!) and he said he will know for sure when he gets a look at it.
I'll tell him to cut the old one out so should save some time there.
He's ordered an OEM gasket for about a 5er and i presume he will have some liquid gasket/high temp silicone about for the other join.

"Be good to hear how this is on your car and what difference it makes
Thinking of getting one either between xspower or pipewerx"

I will let you know what i think in a couple of weeks mate :thumbsup: