3" downpipe with de-cat question

hiya jay, from a previous thread i started it seems that particular one will be fine for you if you've got a 1.8t non-quattro. danny

From the picture, it looks like it reduces down towards the Cat-Back section. What is the diameter of your OE exhaust? You're best of emailing the seller to ask what the diamater is at this end.

If it helps, I have a 3" DP & Race-Cat mated to stock Leon Cupra R 2.5" system and it fits fine, however both ends of the Race-Cat are flanged so connecting it was not an issue.

I think it should be ok as it is reducing, proberbly have to cut it anyway....

the description made me laugh... "This product will not only give you an outstanding looking manifold under your bonnet but also a substancial increase in horsepower."

so you buy the downpipe and get a better looking manifold......WIN WIN WIN....LOL

From the picture, it looks like it reduces down towards the Cat-Back section. What is the diameter of your OE exhaust? You're best of emailing the seller to ask what the diamater is at this end.

If it helps, I have a 3" DP & Race-Cat mated to stock Leon Cupra R 2.5" system and it fits fine, however both ends of the Race-Cat are flanged so connecting it was not an issue.

i'm not sure on the size mate, as i haven't taken the exhaust off yet. i got a 1999 A3 1.8T if anyone know what the standard size is

I would think it would be fine, as said earlier may have to cut it or sleave it where it joins your standard system. Do you not want to get a cat back system also? Might be worth waiting untill you can fit it all at the same time maybe, due to the different sizeing.

i will be going de-cat back when i can afford to get it. i'm getting a reamp at the end of this month, so would like to get it mapped with the de-cat on if possable