3" downpipe on a driveway

mattyb6

Reaction score
can the 3" downpipe and decat be fitted on a driveway with Ramps? Without dropping the subframe ?

Might do it tomorrow if possible, if not il have to wait lol

Everything can be done on the driveway! My whole car has been built there....

Reactions: VAG-Slag and SamHendry
Good answer mate Ha

Just been out, had a look, I've git axels stands and ramps, and got all weekend to do it. So shouldn't be too hard.

Il just need to buy a 3/8 drive universal joint lol

Reactions: Mav190sline
i've done it twice now (assuming you have an s3)

make sure you got some Deepwell 17's, extensions and stubby 17's

drop the subframe, lock the steering wheel in place by turning it with he key out of ignition, undo the shaft to steering rack connection bolt (need to remove the foot rest panel) & then you will have all the much needed space to undo everything without having to chop the stock DP

Got a few bits of tools mate, so should manage in that aspect.

It's the access part in more unsure about, btw I have a Quattro sport with a either a ko3 or ko3s.

I didn't wanna drop the subframe or anything tbh, I was going to take the drivers front wheel off as I heard you can get it out through the wheel arch

oh.... i'll butt out now

my experience with k03 is removing an AGU head. looked a lot roomier back there though but this one was not quattro so different story again

This is fairly easy on the drive, but be prepared for the studs on the turbo snapping, heat the car up and you should be fine, sub frame off and a few extensions, universal joint, and make sure you tap the socket on for tight fit,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk