3 door removed rear seats?

DeckedS3

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here has permanently removed their rear seats and flushed/carpeted the void?

If you have, do you have any pics?

Thanks

Hi there...I've removed the seats,but never quite got around to doing the carpeting work.

It's a LOT of weight in all,and amounts to one average human being nearly.

Reactions: grainqey
I can imagine they must weigh a fair chunk. I'm considering going to town on this car now I've got the new one

I can imagine they must weigh a fair chunk. I'm considering going to town on this car now I've got the new one

About 60kgs in all.

Reactions: DeckedS3
About 60kgs in all.

Wow, they are heavy! I remember seeing a Golf a few years back at a show that had a really nice boot install. I just can't remember where I saw it or where I can find pictures.

Reactions: S3Alex
Wow, they are heavy! I remember seeing a Golf a few years back at a show that had a really nice boot install. I just can't remember where I saw it or where I can find pictures.

I think quite a few of the car upholstery companies would be up to the task,but I just didn't get around to it.

I'm quite tempted to have a Unibrace fitted across the rear uprights to stop stuff sliding around so much....

I think quite a few of the car upholstery companies would be up to the task,but I just didn't get around to it.

I'm quite tempted to have a Unibrace fitted across the rear uprights to stop stuff sliding around so much....
I think r-tech do a brace aswell ,I have given serious consideration to removing the seats as I don't think anyone has ever sat in them

Just to add balance and be a killjoy... I understand why you'd want to remove the rear seats and I understand why you'd want to carpet it but surely if your removing weight to then add some on with carpet and accessories / possibly braces, why not just leave the seats in and/or see If there's a brace that'll go in with them left in?

On a slight tangent, I find the non res exhaust pipe drone excessive at motorway speeds without the rear seats unless doing illegal speeds or driving in a gear lower as it doesn't drone higher up in the revs

Alex

I think r-tech do a brace aswell ,I have given serious consideration to removing the seats as I don't think anyone has ever sat in them

You star....!

Got it.....bears a striking similarity to the Unibrace......LOL

Reactions: Sandra
Got it.....bears a striking similarity to the Unibrace......LOL
HAha funny that , I guess there is only so much you can do with a brace though

Reactions: Sandra and S3Alex
Thanks Alex , just contacted Niki @ R tech and waiting on a pic of there version as its £200