3 door boot spoiler?

M

Michael O'Connor

I've seen there's quite a few rear 'spoiler' threads but none have really answered what I'm trying to find out.

I've seen people saying the OEM 3-door A3 8P rear spoiler is pretty hard to get hold of, so I was wondering if this is the right one? Parts depot on ebay were selling it new for just over £100 and price reduced, it's definitely as it appeared in the listing/ pictures. The part number is 8P0071640K 9AX and there's a gap in the middle for the brake light to be visible. Fits right over the existing tailgate and brake light. Is this the correct OEM one or did Audi do another one? Is this the same one that's fitted to S Line 8P A3?

I checked with Audi Chingford parts department and the part number lines up with that part in their catalogue, so not worried about the authenticity of it. It's not from this listing but the one in the pictures below is exactly the same as the one I ordered:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-...-trunk-boot-rear-Wing-for-S3-A3-/121646420984

Haven't had it sprayed yet, but from trying it on my A3 it fits really nicely. Just trying to decide if it will really look any good on the car or not. I love the S line rear spoilers, they really compliment the lines of the car, but don't want to spend money spraying and bonding it to the car it if it's going to end up looking off or not quite right.

Thanks