3 and 5 door rear bumper the same?

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a later spec rear bumper (just need the top half) and I have been told by someone selling one locally on ebay that the 3 and 5 door rear bumper were the same fit? I was sure they were different though??

Can anyone confirm or deny??

Thank you.

When buying rear bumpers here is how to tell the difference between 3dr, 5dr and cabrio.

First 3 digits of part number: 8P3 is for a 3 door, 8P4 is for a 5 door..... AND 8P7 is for the cabriolet (be careful, there are a lot of cabrio rear bumpers floating around on ebay which are being advertised as 3 door!)

The easiest way to tell the difference between the three different types is..... the edge which meets the rear lights is flat for a 3dr, whereas the 5dr has an angled bit, and the cabrio bumper looks like the 3dr bumper but has a screw hole either side of where the tailgate closes.

3 door:

bump1.jpg

5 door:

bump2d.jpg

Cabriolet:

bump3q.jpg

Awesome thanks, I was so sure they were different this guy just trying to pull a fast one!

Many thanks!

Hi guys was wondering if someone can help me out. I have a 64 plate vw polo and it needs a new rear bumper and as most people when they are in need of something they turn to eBay. I have come across a breaker of vw cars who has a 3dr rear bumper complete off a vw polo Inc pdc sensors. My polo is a 5dr look at the images on Google I can't tell the difference I am hoping that the bumper will fit but I don't have any part numbers to look up. Breaker said he would try to get me the part number off the bumper but I have to wait for that. Any help would be great.

Hi guys was wondering if someone can help me out. I have a 64 plate vw polo and it needs a new rear bumper and as most people when they are in need of something they turn to eBay. I have come across a breaker of vw cars who has a 3dr rear bumper complete off a vw polo Inc pdc sensors. My polo is a 5dr look at the images on Google I can't tell the difference I am hoping that the bumper will fit but I don't have any part numbers to look up. Breaker said he would try to get me the part number off the bumper but I have to wait for that. Any help would be great.

You do know that you're on an Audi forum don't you?!?

I do.........just wondered if someone might know. Not a member of any other forums really so thought I'd ask on here and it's part of the same group but I do understand they are different cars.

Best for you register on a VW or dedicated Polo forum, they will have more knowledge than us lot.