3.2 V6 Hesitation at 1800-1900RPM with only Partial Throttle.

Nutkin

Reaction score
I have an 04 Reg A3 3.2 and it has always had this quirk but it seems to be getting more prominent. When on light 10-30% throttle in any gear I will get a hesitation almost like a missfire, on an uphill it is worse but it is only very brief. It doesn't seem to care if it is hot or cold but if pushed I'd say it was worse when warm.

- No Codes on VCDS
- No Lights on Dash
- Always use Nitro+ or Momentum 99
- Coil Recall was done but a while back .

I have been reading up and not found anything to exactly match my symptoms but have read everything from Timing chain through to carbon build up, right down to clean the throttle body and your standard MAF and Coils.

Has anyone had experience of this and had it fixed? I have VCDS and a good friend so can easily get some logging done. My timing chain reads -.5 and -.6.

I recently had this fixed at Swindon Audi. Have a look at my recent posts and you will find some info of what to ask for.

Cheers Yannis got the details and sent it to Niki at R Tech, hopefully he will be able to apply the update slightly cheaper than Coventry Audi.

Is anyone able to take a screenshot of there software level on vag com after the update?

Not sure a 3rd party can update it. Just tell Coventry Audi that Swindon Audi gave you a quote for £39 and see what they say.

So, Dropped the car off at R Tech 2 and a bit weeks a go for Niki to have a play with.

Picked it up tonight and it is amazing what that man did. The car has a completely different feel, the hesitation is 99% gone and the general shifting between gears is immense. It used to buck a bit if you got a gear shift wrong and was very picky in 1st almost forbidding you to use the gear.
Now it is smooth power all through and such a dream to drive. Exactly what you would hope from a 3.2 !

I would urge anyone to go to R Tech in Hinkley if you want a map customised to suit your own needs, I am so glad I didn't go down the Audi update route. Niki drove the car, saw the issue and worked extremely hard to create a better map in 2 weeks than Audi put on it at the start!

One very happy customer!

ECU Remapping, Performance Engine Tuning, R-tech

Hi Nutkin. What did the remap cost you and also was it just remapped to sort the issue, or did he also get some more HP and Nm?