3.2 Software upgrade & brakes

HullAudi

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a MY05 - 55 plate 3.2 Quattro. I have read it could need a software upgrade to cure hesitancy.
Is this a main dealer fix?
Also, on the Quattro, does the foot pedal operate all 4 brake calipers, or just the front 2?

Thanks.

Can u hold the revs @ 2000rpm?

If not u may need the update. Most stealers are reluctant to do it straight away, u have to be persistent.

Search the 8p forum, theres all the info u will need.

The brake pedal will operate all 4 brakes, like all cars - would never pass an MOT if it didnt. Why do you ask? Rear calipers are know to seize as they dont get the same level of workout as the front.

The brake pedal will operate all 4 brakes, like all cars - would never pass an MOT if it didnt. Why do you ask? Rear calipers are know to seize as they dont get the same level of workout as the front.
I have just had to have some suspension parts changed on the rear near side as some dope hit the car, but its come back and the disc, which is not new, is marked and scored for some reason. Looks like its been kicked across the floor. It doesn't need a new disc but it does need some use i think.

MY06 had the new software..he could be lucky but unlikely

I agree with Paddy, doubt he will be that lucky. Be firm but pleasant and go in with the info. They will knock you back as we all were but we got it done in the end.