3.2 software update ?

Mike X

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,
Been driving my 3.2 V6 manual 55 plate quattro sport around for the last few months , and loving it .
I have been reading all I can about the software update for the 3.2s .
I have noticed one or two things on my car , firstly , when booting her in second then changing into 3rd the revs stay way up ,
also the throttle is very sensitive , making it quite a challenge to drive smoothly ,
not really noticed the 2k glitch as such but it is hard to hold her around those revs , especially in the lower gears ,
things tend to smooth out a lot when carrying a few passengers ,
just wondering if the update would be of any use to me ?
My car has 43k on the clock .
I have three ports of call , Audi main dealers in Hessle ( heard they are a bit pants )
Ricci concept or Autotechnica, both in Hull .

All comments welcome ,
Thanks ,

Mike.

The throttle is very responsive, I looked like a right tit when I took mine for the test drive! The easiest way I found to show the hesitation is to just take it easy in third or fourth and try and sit just below 2k. When I do this it seems to lurch a bit. If you drive higher in the revs or little more enthusiastically then you won't notice.

Yea , I know what you mean , same with the brakes , nearly gave the poor kid whiplash on my test drive :w00t:

update made mine generally smoother all round, not a miracle cure but it helped. I'm probably completely wrong but I thought it was an Audi only update, didnt know indipendants could do it.

You are more than likely right on that one , just trying to avoid main dealers if poss , I will probably have to bite the bullet .