3.2 Quattro new wheels

Stoddy

Reaction score
Hi to all,

want to put a new set of wheels and tyres on the car. has the 5 spoke star shape wheels at present, all in pretty good nick. I notice that the ET is quite large about 65 i think, where as most upgrade wheels are 35. has any one got any ideas what fits for not too much dosh. I think that the BBS LMs look hard as nails but they are quite pricey unless anyone knows of a second hand set going cheap that I can refurb?

cheers, Rich

The 3sdm wheels are nice, and reasonably cheap. Other than that it's bargain hunting or reps. There's loads of ideas on the wheels thread.

thanks, have mailed them, they look stunning, but, i expect it will more than break my budget!

thanks it does, bargain, £140 for new wheels :) of set seems to be a problem though, my 3.2 has a massive offset, think its 65?

The A3 has an offset of ET56, most reps are ET45 and fit fine (in fact better than oem), so anywhere in between is good

Are you sure it's not 56? In which case the et45's would be just like running an 11mm spacer. I'm sure theres a few lads running the wheels already.

Here is an idea of what et45 looks like...

June5x.jpg

Meeee3x.jpg

ODY3.jpg

Both my lava gray and the white one are running 18" wheels with et45 on mine and I think et43 on the white one. Both have 225 tires with a little bit of stretch on 8.5" wide wheels.

If you wanted to push it, you could manage et35 but it would rub and you'd have to run a good stretch on the tires.

3SDM rims look stunning and at 140 a corner they are indeed a good deal. my budget inc tyres is about 600-700 so I really need to go for the second hand option. anyone know of any LMs or other rims like the 3SDMs?

thanks to all

Rich

Anymore pictures of the greys ones LED fog holders?

There is someone selling a set of the 3sdm in 18inch in the forsale section with tyres for £700 mate page 2 about the 3 one down on the page

thanks for the tip but Ipswich is too far for me, I'm on the south coast..........very near 3SDM actually, I;ll see of they have some ones that need a refurb?

If you get the 18" x 8.5 at £135 a corner, that's only £540. Then have a look about for some cheap part worn tyres until you can get the funds for a new set. You'll pay at least £150 for a decent refurb anyway.

thanks, have replied to guy with 3SDMs for sale, just a bit concerned that 225s on 8.5J's look a bit too stretched?

Look at my pics again... ^^^

Those are both 225s on 8.5" wheels. There is a little bit of stretch, but it's not too bad.

Or here you go for a better look...

Miro10.jpg

thanks both of you, those look perfect, just saw a set of Bently alloys on an A3 today and the stretch looked a little too much, but probably needed it to get the clearance. My car is Phantom Black, so, with a set of these I think it'll look good.

I live near Chichester if you have seen my wheels for sale? Would be willing to do a deal on your standard wheels too possibly?

no thanks Ian, I am going to stick with mine for now, the wheels on mine do not seem to be standard, they are "dished" quite a lot, and the mre I look at the car it looks good. It is an AUdi Germany development car, I got through a gut I know where I work, its well tricked up underneath and has a good few horses on top of the standard and I think I am going to try and keep the "sleeper" type of look

Yep, sounds like we need some pics of the beast!

You need a photobucket account, once you have that, upload your photos to there and copy and paste the img links into your posts on here

thanks, away at the moment, will take some when I get back but be prepared to be underwhelmed!