3.2 Front Brake Disc Size

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

What size are they 312mm?

Just ordering some and unsure.

Regards :)

I AM PRETTY CERTAIN THAT THE A3 3.2 V6 USES 312 MM, AS THE STANDARD BRAKE 288MM UPGRADE IS TO GET THE CALIPER CARRIERS OFF THE 3.2 WITH 312MM DISCS

http://www.vwspares.co.uk/a32.php

I THINK ITS THE S3 THAT USES THE 345MM

sorry bout the capitals, only just looked at typing and realised i accidently hit the caps!!!!

I think frenchy is right at 345mm.

The Golf 4-motion uses 312mm so would have thought they would have been bigger.

Also the Mk5 R32 uses bigger than the 4-mo...

the r32 brakes are bigger, i emailed a bloke from awsome gti and asked about the r32 brakes and he said as they are 345 they will not fit under 17 inch, but the 3.2 v6 rides on 17 inch alloys! im pretty certain that it is 312mm have a lok on that site, it shows all the discs being 280 288 n the s3 is 345 n there is one 312mm disc

hmmm, well it seems some places do 345mm n other do 312mm do you still have you old discs? if so, measure em?

Anybody saying 312mm is talking ****. It uses 345mm.

well these are companies that are selling them, and you can buy 312mm discs upgrades which come off of a 3.2 v6

hmm, wonder why that website is selling them a3 3.2 v6 discs as well!!!! do the 3.2 use a different caliper too then?!

Just rang my local dealers and they want £95 per disc foro the 345mm.

What discs do the W8 have on them? Big mothers i bet!

p.s pete see the exhaust thread!

What discs do the W8 have on them? Big mothers i bet!

p.s pete see the exhaust thread!

No just 335mm on the Passat - I guess that was big in 2002 when they came up with the stupid car.

Unfortunately they're unique to this model - different to any other VAG fitment, so no pattern discs available, so VW have the market to W8 discs to themselves!

Checking out the exhaust thread now.