3.2 DSG gearbox problem? Or something else

Scruffvdub

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a crazy problem with my gearbox on my 2004 3.2 DSG or it might be something simpler I hope.
A couple of days ago I drove the car no problems, switched it off. When I started it the next time I had the yellow triangle warning light with the arrow around and the car would not tick over, after it stalled it would not restart, I noticed that the PRNDS was flashing on the dash and I could not get the key out of the ignition, another strange thing is if the car is in park and you press the brake the gear shifter will not move it feels locked, but when you let off the foot brake it will move through reverse into neutral? To get it back into park you have to press the brake. We managed to get the car started but it has no drive,
a scan came up with 00197- gearbox fault circuit odd/even gear. Or words to that effect

Anyone have any ideas ?

Could be 1 of 3 things, 1st the mechatronic is faulty & is known tbh, US extended warranty to 100k for these, UK didn't, 2nd it needs servicing as sometimes dsg services are missed & not servicing in timely manners can be very detrimental & 3rd the microswitch on the hear unit in the car has gone faulty, one way o check this is to remove gear surround & reach down to where the park position is & there's a tiny nipple headed microswitch where the lever would sit, try pushing this down & allowing to come back up & listen for the key lock engaging/disengaging, if it doesn't do this then that maybe at fault.

Reactions: Sayam