3.0tdi V6 hissing under acceleration

Jamesc14lnk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just got rid of my S3 8P for another 3.0tdi V6. I have an A6 C7 and there is a hissing noise under acceleration. I have just changed the intercooler and checked the pipes that I can see with no splits or holes. Are there any common places where it can be leaking?
No codes showing up. Thank you

I don't know exactly the kind of hissing You have, but maybe that sound is air induction sound in intake, which would be normal if Your car is tuned, as 3.0 TDi often are.
Does it feel down on power? Because, if that's a pressurized air leak, You should be loosing some horses there.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

I don't know exactly the kind of hissing You have, but maybe that sound is air induction sound in intake, which would be normal if Your car is tuned, as 3.0 TDi often are.
Does it feel down on power? Because, if that's a pressurized air leak, You should be loosing some horses there.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw
It seems like it comes in when the turbo starts spinning. It does sound like a boost leak somewhere and just wondered if there were any common pipes that went or something. There are no signs of huge power loss but it doesn’t feel like my A7.
I will check the air filter to see if it’s been upgraded and not sure whether it’s been mapped or not. I’d have said not as I used to have a 14 plate A7 3.0TDI and that used to go better being standard.
Thanks for the message

Best to pressure test it with air or smoke.
Does sound like a boost leak but maybe check the turbo compressor wheel for damage.

Thanks

My 3ltr V6 245ps A6 C7 sounds the same, I figured it was just the draw of air as performance feels fine..