3.0TDi Quattro - new discs and pads needed - OEM or upgrade?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to renew my discs and pads all round. The car has done 67,000 miles from new in 2007, I guess it's had new pads at some stage before I got it, but as far as I can tell, the discs are the originals.

I don't want to fit bigger brakes, but would quilte like to fit better ones, if that makes sense (the 3.0TDI is a heavy car, and some times, it feels like the OEM set up isn't quite up to the job). I also don't want to have my insurance company declare it a mod, and increase my premium.

I woudn't be fitting them myself, for a very important reason - I want them to work! I'll be getting my local indie - Sanspeed in Bexleyheath - to fit them. I am sure they will offer some advice on which manufacturers to consider, but I'd like to get some suggestions here first, from people who have done this already. As far as I can tell, the sized are 320mm front, 288mm at the back.

Any information welcome.

Thanks

I've searched MTEC's site, and this is the package they recommend for my car. I then have to decide whether to have disc that drilled, grooved, drilled and grooved, dimpled and grooved, or none of those things. What's the difference, and which one should I choose? :think: