3.0tdi quattro 272 tuning options

syed123

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My car should be here very soon, ( early August) n will want to remap it for sure!
Thing is I'm not sure whether or not the ecu has been hacked for this? My current car is remapped with tdi tuning but I also had a tuning box through them which I can upgrade to the new car which is also an option.
The bad thing with tuning boxes are the dreaded engine management lights n faults that I don't want to have to deal with again especially on a new car! I also find quite a big difference between the remap and tuning box, remap feeling superior in every possible way.
Any advice?
Syed‎

Tuning boxes should not give management warnings anymore, certainly I have never heard this happening with good quality ones. If you have a ecu remap then audi will detect it as a td1 and you may end up losing your warranty. I think you'll find that tuning boxes have come along way and can impress just as much as ecu remaps...

Reactions: RobbieWebs and ScottishA4B9
Tuning boxes should not give management warnings anymore, certainly I have never heard this happening with good quality ones. If you have a ecu remap then audi will detect it as a td1 and you may end up losing your warranty. I think you'll find that tuning boxes have come along way and can impress just as much as ecu remaps...

I have no knowledge of tuning or black boxes for cars. I also have a a6 tdi with standard 245 bhp and would like to know if i can improve on this and how much id be looking at?

Yeah, I completely agree, my last tuning box was very impressive, just found that the full ECU remap felt much more superior still.

Will probably go TDI Tuning within the first month of ownership anyway, I know it is probably more than fast enough but I quite like the idea of a rapid diesel.

Plus, its fairly economical for a car that does 0 60 in 5.3 seconds so it would be interesting to see the potential it has.

Either way, it is each to their own I guess, some people will be satisfied with the power, some may want more lol (me) but either way for me its driveability that I'm most attracted to that obv improves when u go down the tuning route.

Syed

Reactions: syed123
Interested in how you get on. Take delivery of my new motor in October and don't think a remap is the way to go if it voids your warranty. So a tuning box seems like the way forward but only if the gains are worth it.

As for 'quick enough' I wouldn't mind surprising a few hot hatches and non tuned biturbos out there ... like my neighbour / mate next door who's got the A7 BiTurbo. :)

Reactions: syed123
Interested in how you get on. Take delivery of my new motor in October and don't think a remap is the way to go if it voids your warranty. So a tuning box seems like the way forward but only if the gains are worth it.

As for 'quick enough' I wouldn't mind surprising a few hot hatches and non tuned biturbos out there ... like my neighbour / mate next door who's got the A7 BiTurbo. :)

Wow! What timing, I went to TDI tuning on Wednesday to have their new CRTD4 tuning box multi channel on to my a4 272 and omg!
They quoted around 340ps and 696nm of torque..
I don't have the time yet to make a full write up but i'll be more than happy to name a few changes I've noticed!
- initial throttle response has improved but it was already acceptably responsive. (I've only had the tuning box on for 2 days so I expect more gains as the miles rack on)
-0 60 acceleration - insane, u actually feel the torque pulling away at ur face and ur heart pounds like ur in a supercar! I wouldn't say the 0 60 would have changed dramatically ( 5 seconds flat or 4.8 if I'm lucky) but one thing I did notice is how it felt like it was getting faster n faster past 80 and only tapered off at around 135, it really feels like a diesel supercar! Abit random but just a day before I put the tuning box on an s3 convertible 15 plate was racing me from 50mph, he couldn't overtake me and he was atleast 2 car lengths away, I'm just thinking now how many other cars this beast can play with after the tune!‎
- when I first test drove out of tdi tuning with the owner Steve I had the box on the mid setting in which I did notice a big difference straight away but I think he could tell I was still not satisfied enough! I think I was being too critical lol but we pulled over and put the box into max performance setting, this made all the difference and when I accelerated round the corner the amount of wheelspin I got was crazy! Steve said he felt dizzy cause of it lol so I'm sure he was just as surprised as I was!
- fuel economy: I would say more or less the same which is no bad thing! I'm averaging around 34 doing short trips and the highest I've seen so far is 44mpg on the motorway, I really am extremely satisfied with the economy for the performance on offer, do bear in mind however when u thrash it it will make u pay!
- how it feels right now: so I just went for another test drive and put the gearbox into s and then dynamic, I floored it all the way down at about 40mph and the car held me there for about a second until bang! well the best way I could describe the shove in the back was that it was so intense that somehow the gearbox went into manual! I must have been pushed back so hard that my arm knocked the gearbox :$ this shove in the back was in another league to the e92 m3 I have sat in with a friend some while back..
If anyone has this engine id recommend to check this tuning box out from tdi tuning, it really is quite something!
Syed‎

Reactions: DEWCATI, maui and h1r4
Wow! What timing, I went to TDI tuning on Wednesday to have their new CRTD4 tuning box multi channel on to my a4 272 and omg!
They quoted around 340ps and 696nm of torque..
I don't have the time yet to make a full write up but i'll be more than happy to name a few changes I've noticed!
- initial throttle response has improved but it was already acceptably responsive. (I've only had the tuning box on for 2 days so I expect more gains as the miles rack on)
-0 60 acceleration - insane, u actually feel the torque pulling away at ur face and ur heart pounds like ur in a supercar! I wouldn't say the 0 60 would have changed dramatically ( 5 seconds flat or 4.8 if I'm lucky) but one thing I did notice is how it felt like it was getting faster n faster past 80 and only tapered off at around 135, it really feels like a diesel supercar! Abit random but just a day before I put the tuning box on an s3 convertible 15 plate was racing me from 50mph, he couldn't overtake me and he was atleast 2 car lengths away, I'm just thinking now how many other cars this beast can play with after the tune!‎
- when I first test drove out of tdi tuning with the owner Steve I had the box on the mid setting in which I did notice a big difference straight away but I think he could tell I was still not satisfied enough! I think I was being too critical lol but we pulled over and put the box into max performance setting, this made all the difference and when I accelerated round the corner the amount of wheelspin I got was crazy! Steve said he felt dizzy cause of it lol so I'm sure he was just as surprised as I was!
- fuel economy: I would say more or less the same which is no bad thing! I'm averaging around 34 doing short trips and the highest I've seen so far is 44mpg on the motorway, I really am extremely satisfied with the economy for the performance on offer, do bear in mind however when u thrash it it will make u pay!
- how it feels right now: so I just went for another test drive and put the gearbox into s and then dynamic, I floored it all the way down at about 40mph and the car held me there for about a second until bang! well the best way I could describe the shove in the back was that it was so intense that somehow the gearbox went into manual! I must have been pushed back so hard that my arm knocked the gearbox :$ this shove in the back was in another league to the e92 m3 I have sat in with a friend some while back..
If anyone has this engine id recommend to check this tuning box out from tdi tuning, it really is quite something!
Syed‎

Sounds like it's delivered for you then, which is great as I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it.
Assume it was around £300?

Thanks for the update and keep us posted on how it goes.