3.0tdi oil dipstick

bonifacy87

Reaction score
Hi. I'd recently bought a dipstick but I can remove the cap from the place where dipstick suppose go. I can turn it around but no movement up and down. Has anybody ever took it off? The other thing is that the dipstick is made from plastic and I'm not to sure if it's safe to live it in? Any suggestions. Thanks

Mate the cap should just pull off mine does!

Reactions: bonifacy87
It does pull off, Pull straight up with a slight twisting motion it's just a rubber plug.
It's designed to be removeable as the dealers remove it to suck the oil out of the sump, First mod I made buying a dip stick for mine.

Karl.

It does pull off, Pull straight up with a slight twisting motion it's just a rubber plug.
It's designed to be removeable as the dealers remove it to suck the oil out of the sump, First mod I made buying a dip stick for mine.

Karl.
I'll give a go again tomorrow. Thanks for info. Did you get a plastic as well? Do you keep it in permanently?

Needs a good yank with a little side to side wiggle. It has two rubber o-rings which should give up before the metal tube does. Plus I leave my dipstick in.

I replaced the bung with a normal dipstick and It's left in there permanently.

Unfortunately I got a plastic one and I'm worried that it might melt inside.

I think that all the new ones will be plastic - mine has been in my B8 S4 for about 18 months and it is still okay. I seem to remember a friend with a new Leon a few years ago complained about having a stupid plastic - and black plastic dipstick - so they are safe to leave in as they were fitted as standard years ago.

The one I bought is metal,part number was 059 115 611 AB £8.54 all in about a year ago from Stafford Audi.

Karl.

Reactions: Meemo
I think that all the new ones will be plastic - mine has been in my B8 S4 for about 18 months and it is still okay. I seem to remember a friend with a new Leon a few years ago complained about having a stupid plastic - and black plastic dipstick - so they are safe to leave in as they were fitted as standard years ago.

What is the part no for the s4 dipstick if you dont mind me asking?

I'll get back with that info, in the meantime, you could try using search function as that is where I found it 18 months ago.

Looking back on previous threads, I stated that I had bought A 06E 115 611 H - so that must have been the one.

Sorry for the thread revival, but it's relevant.

I've just got my car serviced at Audi today. Before it went in, I asked them over the phone to order me a dipstick and I'd pay for it along with the service. I didn't get the impression that it seemed like a problem or an odd request to them, so I didn't think any more of it.

Gets there this morning and the assistant is like 'you can't get a dipstick, we have a service module that the workshop staff use for checking oil and it's ~£150 quid if you'd like one'. Caught me completely off guard, so I politely declined.

I was sitting there thinking 'that can't be right' but unfortunately I wasn't armed with the part number (as quoted in this thread) so I had no comeback other than to question the fact that they were telling me a dipstick wasn't available for my car. Blank looks. I mean seriously: I'm not 'allowed' to check the oil level on my own car??

So, where do I get one of these mythical beasts? I assume they are delivered on the back of a winged unicorn...

Got one off eBay and you also need the measurements for your particular vehicle as its marked like a ruler.