3.0tdi dpf delete downpipe

Timothy Agnew

Reaction score
Hi guys do any of you know where i can get an aftermarket down pipe for my audi a4 cabriolet 3.0tdi which does away with the dpf and catalytic convertor? I found one on darkside developments but it doesnt seem to do away with the cat and the dpf . Could any1 help me out? Thanks

There are two CATs, one in the downpipe (which the darkside developments pipe you mentioned would do away with) the other one is under the car in front of the DPF, however they are welded together as one unit.

Not sure where you would get a d-CAT&DPF pipe from, most people have the DPF gutted or replace the exhaust system as the backboxes are very restrictive...

Thank you that was very helpfull. Im planning on doing away with the cats and the dpf and getting it remapped. Might go down the route of making a custom exhaust😊 was just wondering if there were any turbo back aftermarket exhausts which do away with both the dpf and cat's which i could buy online

No worries!

There are a few aftermarket options, Milltek being the most well known/popular. There are a few other 'off the shelf' exhausts but I'm unsure of quality/brand. I believe with the Milltek you have the option of CAT-back or a full system from the downpipe back.

Custom is another option, then you can have whatever you want.

One thing to bear in mind with the 3.0tdi cab are the additional support struts on the underside of the car. This combined with the diff at the rear may mean a standard exhaust for the saloon/avant won't fit... you'd have to speak to Milltek or someone with first hand experience to find out more on that one...

If you remove the cats and DPF completely then the car will fail the MOT as they have to be present if the vechicle was built with them.
As above I would just gut the existing cat and DPF/cat combination.

Karl.

Also one thing to think about when choosing, Milltek have been around for a long time and have tuned their backboxes to give a nice but not overbearing sound, whereas having 'custom' backboxes or straight pipes will give a different (louder) sound...

If you remove the cats and DPF completely then the car will fail the MOT as they have to be present if the vechicle was built with them.
As above I would just gut the existing cat and DPF/cat combination.

Karl.

Karl's right, DPF is required by law as is a CAT. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the OP was aware of this given the nature of the question...

Having said that, I no longer have a 2nd CAT or DPF and the 1st CAT isn't visible for inspection anyway... it all depends where you take your car for a MOT... same as de-CAT'd petrol cars have been for years

Yeah thanks for the help guys. Yeah due to mot law ile have to weld in a pipe through the dpf and cats so it looks like theyr still there. It should still pass the emissions test tho. Just trying to get an exhaust plan sorted out before i get it booked in for a remap 😊