3.0TDI Auto gearbox swop question

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Does anything need to be coded or reset when you change the gearbox on a 3.0TDI?

My searches on the internet are not very conclusive.

Sorry I've got no idea, never really heard of the 3.0TDI boxes going bad what is wrong with yours?

Sorry I've got no idea, never really heard of the 3.0TDI boxes going bad what is wrong with yours?

It's not mine, my mate was asking for advice as he knows I'm on the forum. Apparently, the circuit board that lives inside the gearbox if fried, it stops the gearbox from going into top gear and it would hold the revs quite high before changing up, plus the whole DIS screen lights up like a Xmas tree when this happens.

Sounds like the fault on the B6 Autos, they had the same problem. I take it he is just replacing the electronics module and not the hole box?

Sounds like the fault on the B6 Autos, they had the same problem. I take it he is just replacing the electronics module and not the hole box?

He's replaced the whole box, as one came up for £300. He says it seems fine to drive, DIS is normal, no fault codes, so I presume that kinda answers it?

Reactions: ScottD3
I guess as long as its coded correctly and it working fine, its happy days for £300 notes.