3.0Tdi auto ATF change

To properly service it you should remove the transmission sump and clean the magnets on there and replace the suction filter within it.

Beware that the transmissions are built in clean rooms, so servicing them on your driveway isn’t advised. The oil is usually filtered to have particles no bigger than 3 microns...... as well as no contaminants internally to the same standard. I believe ZF “fill for life” to avoid people servicing them and getting contaminants in the system which will cause a whole hill of problems!

Places like 3D Transmissions in Reading can do this for you, to the correct cleanliness level.

I had a quick look on YTube and a full flush including filter & magnets doesn't look like a DIY job to me.

I looked into last year, you can't get everything you need and diy but there's so much risk of contamination it's worth it.
If it's not broke don't fix it comes to mind.

Changed the rear diff oil tho, easy enough.

Which diff are you referring to, the Torsen diff, which takes a specific super expensive oil as yes it can be changed, or the open front diff, which again yes can be changed. Here are the volumes and the different oil chambers

9l trans
1.1l front final drive
0.5l transfer/Torsen
1.5l rear final drive

I had a quote from audi once for the oils and quickly decided against it, I will see if I can dig it out somewhere

This is full vehicle fluids quote from Audi with part numbers for my 05 A4 Avant 3.0TDI Quattro Auto. Part numbers, costs and all. This was June last year

bf8e379d25d406ccbbd528f6ae805eff.jpg