1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0l tdi.... can i get away with it

linford-quattro Oct 3, 2018

1. linford-quattro

linford-quattro Active Member Team V6 Audi A5

probably asking how longs a piece of string here.

maybe someone else has chanced it so thought id ask. picked up a 57plate a5 3.0tdi on Monday and noticed it has slight judder setting of. only if just using the clutch to move, if using gas you can remove the judder, use slightly more gas and theres no judder at all. Also when giving it some changing into second tends to knock (cant really describe) im guessing the DMF is probably on its way out.

ive heard of people purposely slipping the clutch to solve this and a few have just left it.
    I don't really do much miles maybe 12k (ish) per year so is this a lottery game or anyone reckon I can just put up with it.

probably something that cant really be answered other than replace it. but I guess im hoping others say they left it and was fine

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. MuPPeT_ON_TouR

MuPPeT_ON_TouR Active Member Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Silver Supporter Sportback Audi S5 Black Edition quattro OBD11 USER Deep Black Pearl DSG

I left mine for a couple of years then traded it in. But it wasn't knocking when giving it the beans.

Think you need it looked at.

4. linford-quattro

linford-quattro Active Member Team V6 Audi A5

its just the first change when booting it, kinda like a knock. however youre first sentence made me feel better