3.0 v6

hades-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
iv never had a 3.0 V6
im looking at 1 with 86K
is there any problems i need to look for
TIA

I think they're pretty robust, if well maintained and regularly serviced. I'm sure the lack of peopel ranting about them on here is a good sign :) I've got an AKE 2.5TDI quattro, so I'm just holding my breath :)

Gotta say I love mine ! Great cruiser , mines an SE so it's fully loaded to boot !

I would say to give it a miss,feels underpowered for displacement and very thirsty as well. I would get a turbo engine as it's a bit more lively and better on fuel as well ! Even the v6 tdi feels better with just a remap due to the torque !

I would say to give it a miss,feels underpowered for displacement and very thirsty as well. I would get a turbo engine as it's a bit more lively and better on fuel as well ! Even the v6 tdi feels better with just a remap due to the torque !
iv had so many turbo audis and i just spend thousends on them always off the road cos ov mods etc
thats why i was gona go 3.0 then i know i cant spend on it

I have a 2001 3.0 v6 no complaints at all I love it totally ,all cars are juicy if you drive it like ya stole it ! But with the sexy sound of the v6 cruising about to me is more satisfying than thrashing the guts out of it ,now for me here's how I look at things ,not thrashing ya v6 = less engine damage, less fuel cost, less speeding tickets,less looking a **** ! an biggest bonus less deaths ! If your thinking of using a v6 to do as many miles a day as a taxi then it ain't the car for you ! But if you want a fantastic motor to turn heads with that lovely sound of the v6 an enjoy your driving buy one ,I hope I'm not tempting fate but my car hasn't missed a beat I love it an wouldn't hesitate to have another ,I'm not a bore an of course when times right I do let loose with it an it's fantastic the v6 engine would pull a house down !

You guy's need to drive a b5 s4 if you wanna compare smoothness, better Mpg and much more power ! If you think 20Mpg average is ok from the 3.0 quattro then you're kidding yourself. I do know by the way that they did not do a 2.7 TT b6 and a remap just smoothes out the already smooth 3.0 engine...

I'm very happy with mine, no trouble at all. I get easily 34mpg (indicated) when I drive calmly and 24mpg when I thrash it, but hey if you want fuel economy go get a Prius...I like the 3.0 and have it anyway over the other petrols.

the key thing is 3 you dont buy a car for eco that has a 3 in the description of the engine capacity and a 6, do i have to go down the route of V too :)

LOL Yes and you forgot the Quattro as well, and in my case an automatic heavy soft top...

Hopefully he realises that a 3.0 V6 will be beaten for fuel economy by pretty much any equivalent A4, but it's a nice smooth V6 and they tend to come better equipped than the 1.9TDI's and 2.0 petrols that might appear as "better value" at first...

If you're doing low mileage, then a 3.0 V6 makes a lot of sense.

That said: my next car is likely to be a 2.0T or 3.0TDI...

He meant that if you do under 5k miles per year it might make sense but if you do more miles then the 3.0 quattro it becomes expensive to run. I run a few v6 tdi's quattro and my allroad on 20" wheels does 25-30 mpg whilst towing so i know that's expensive to run but it's a workhorse ! Also, there are better engines out there, much more fuel efficient and as refined as the 3.0 v6 !