3.0 tdi

montebaz

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a A5 3.0 auto Quattro between 12 and 14 plate but which is the best or more reliable unit to buy are some 6 speed and some 7 and are there anymore issues to look out for many thanks
Baz

Thinking of buying a A5 3.0 auto Quattro between 12 and 14 plate but which is the best or more reliable unit to buy are some 6 speed and some 7 and are there anymore issues to look out for many thanks
Baz
As far as I know the triptronic and stronic are the best auto boxes. multitronic is not very good but this is not installed on quattro cars.

make sure its had a gearbox service at 30k
(transmission fluid)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The 3.0 TDI was multitronic (i.e. CVT) and the 3.0 TDI quattro was s-tronic (i.e. DCT). I don't know much about the multitronic but we do see the occasional problem report on the forums, particularly with older cars, so it is clearly not a trouble-free transmission. The situation with s-tronic is more complex. There are sufficient problem reports from owners of 2009-2010 cars to warn against them. 2011-2013 is better but there are still reports. Audi introduced the 3rd version of this gearbox in around May 2013 and so far there are no significant reports of problems with this latest version. As @V6Tom advises, don't buy a car which has missed its gearbox service, no matter which gearbox.

The 3.0 TDI was multitronic (i.e. CVT) and the 3.0 TDI quattro was s-tronic (i.e. DCT). I don't know much about the multitronic but we do see the occasional problem report on the forums, particularly with older cars, so it is clearly not a trouble-free transmission. The situation with s-tronic is more complex. There are sufficient problem reports from owners of 2009-2010 cars to warn against them. 2011-2013 is better but there are still reports. Audi introduced the 3rd version of this gearbox in around May 2013 and so far there are no significant reports of problems with this latest version. As @V6Tom advises, don't buy a car which has missed its gearbox service, no matter which gearbox.
i thought pre fl cars were triptronic only

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk