3.0 TDI Quattro Springs

Gixser07

Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering if someone could advise on suspension springs on my A4 Quattro 3.0 TDI.

When I bought the car a few months ago the previous owner had fitted lowered springs (30mm lower front and rear), the car looks well but unfortunately I live in a place with speed humps practically every road and the under side of the car scrapes on them if I haven't gone slow enough, so need I need to change them back to standard.

I have found a used set but they are off a 2007 B7 model, will these fit my car?

Definately not.To put oem springs on, you would need to know the axle weights both front and rear.There are a dozen if not more variations for the B8 alone.Its that stupid that even depending on what options you have on the car depends on what springs are fitted....its all to do with weight.Best go to the dealers with your VIN or reg and see if they can tell what weight it was and maybe what springs were fitted at factory.

In fact, it would be interesting to know if the weight stated on your reg doc is generic or actual....either way it would give you an idea.Im sure a few kg either way wont make much of a differance

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. I will see what springs where put onto my car originally