3.0 TDI QUATTRO DIED / WONT START. HELP BROWN PANTS TIME

jabba

Reaction score
Afternoon All

right so i have a very lovely 3.0 tdi quatto avant, 55 plate 204 bhp manual.

driving to work, and get beep, flashing coil light, engine died, no vault code, and wont start.

the car turn over and have power, just wont start.

any suggestions will be very helpful.

i have tried two cheaper scanners, one i have and second that the break down service had, and now tried a third at a good indi am motors in ilminster, and still no fault codes to scan/read. and still non starter ....

the joys of cars.

If you have no fault codes I would suggest a fuel problem. Take the fuel pipe off that comes from the tank and make sure there is fuel coming through when the ignition is turned on. The pump in the tank should run for a few seconds to prime the circuit.

Karl.

You tried a proper VCDS scan? I can almost gurantee you will find a fault code if the engine isn't starting.

Your the second person in a week who has had issues with the fuel pump belt drive.

Karl.

Reactions: jabba
Note to self get wifeys changed asap!
Still look on the bright side its a relatively simple and cheap fix.
Anyone know the change interval?

Reactions: jabba
Help needed please exactly the same happened to me except I had a code not sure if its relevant as I've just bought the car and had driven it two hours back before she gave up 3 miles from home
Green flag turned up
left engine mount solinoid open was the code
He freed the inlet manifold actuator and sprayed some easy start fired up and got me home I've checked the belt mentioned and it seems pretty tight only a slight flex in it

I got to the bottom of my issue faulty fuel gauge / sender half tank on the guage put a couple gallons of diesel in one didn't do it parked on a slight hill and started after a while.... Doh
#new car problems
#school boy error