3.0 TDI Oil Question

BenAP

Reaction score
Hi All

Recently just bought a 2007 3.0TDI with the ASB engine. Weirdly online it comes up on certain HPI checkers and car checkers as a DPF version of the car, however it is not stated in the logbook or whatever. Based on research I have understood that the code 7GN on the rear wheel well means its a DPF prepared but not installed version of the car.

This leads to my next question, Based on all the services done to the car they have seemed to be using 507 oil which is stated in the logbook for DPF cars. Is using this 507 Oil on my car without a DPF still what I should be doing and using this oil. am I getting any benefit over 505.01?

Also, should I stick to what it has been running the whole time in the service (5W30) or go for the 5W40? since the engine is on around about 176k as it stands, and fingers crossed no nasty chain noises yet even on initial start-up. Sadly it was on the Longlife service too for some time..

Thank you
Ben

The interval is bad but the oil is superior because it's a LongLife oil it also gets the top two oil basestocks groups real synthetics PAO and Esters , also the additive package concentration goes up so more of everything , anti oxidents , friction modifiers , detergents and dispersants etc.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Castrol Edge 5w30 LL, swap out every 8-10k miles with a Mann filter. Other oils are available too! :whistle2:

Sometimes Costco have a deal on Castrol.

I bought a 20l cube of VW/Audi 507 Quantum from TPS for 60 odd quid.
That's what I would hope to be given with a main agent service, without all the market branding!