1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Maintenance work on Tuesday 7th April

Due to some much needed work to the servers we will be going off line for a couple of hours on Tuesday.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice

3.0 TDI MPG and also Remap

Djwoody Jun 5, 2014

1. Djwoody

Djwoody Member

Hi.
    What kind of MPG are you all getting from your 3.0 TDI Quattro 240?

From a remap, any idea what the 0-60 time would go down to?
    Standard it is 6.1 apparently. Would you be looking at closer to 5.5?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Audi.Quattro

Audi.Quattro Active Member

Hi Dj

I asked the question about 0-60 time not so long ago, and was pointed at a post that "suggested" it should be about 5.5s
    It has reminded me about a question I have too about a remap, I'll post it seperatly though

4. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Hello, Have a look at my build thread for an idea of how quick these can be with a remap, Mainly depends who you take it too and whether you have the DPF removed as this will limit the maximum power available with the standard engine.
    Getting rid of the DPF also improves mpg as you haven't got the effect of the blockage in the exhaust and the car won't ever need to regenerate.
    Most of the mileage I do in mine is local runs so fuel economy is around 32-34 mpg. On a run up the motorway at a steady 80 can get an easy 45mpg.
    Mine has a remap, DPF /CAT gutted , and a larger FMIC which helps. Took to a RWYB at Santa pod the other week and managed 13.36 103 mph which is fairly rapid for a diesel estate car. 0-60 is somewhere in the low 5's I would say 5.1-5.2s.
    On the MRC rolling road made 312bhp and 717Nm torque on it's 4th and 5th runs, made over 320bhp on earlier runs.
    Remapped by Rick at Unicorn Engine Developments in Stockport.
    My build thread

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/204785-karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.html

Karl.

V6 Quatt likes this.
  5. markm,

markm, Member

Picked mine up on Saturday. got 47 on the way back mixed driving and currently sitting at 36 around round which I hope will settle to round 40 plus after a remap ?

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

In my experience remaps don't usually give great improvements in fuel economy usually a few percent but you obviously do get the improved performance, and if you use this then this will offset the fuel savings.
    I would say that filling the car brim to brim is the only way to accurately track fuel consumption as the trip computer always seems to give a higher mpg, mine looks to be about 2 mpg high on the overall mpg over the last 5K miles.

karl.

7. Djwoody

Djwoody Member

Just had a good read of your thread. Great reading!! :)

8. Montecha

Montecha New Member

I'm normally getting 36mpg'ish, mixed Mway / A-roads, which is less than I had reckoned on when I changed, coming from a very frugal manual 2.0TDI A6 Avant. Mines an Auto Avant. I was thinking I'd be getting low 40s, which I only every see when I'm taking it very easy on the Mway. Sitting in traffic seems a real killer on mpg.

However, I can rationalise the lower mpg with the fun that I have with the car!

9. Audi.Quattro

Audi.Quattro Active Member

Mines doing about the same 36 and "yes" less than I expected but it does 42mpg on the motorway, its the town drinving that kills the figure.

I just accept it now because I know what I got under my right foot

10. desertstorm

The engine and cars are no lightweights and with quattro drive systems adding to the weight and increasing drivetrain losses I never expected it to be much better than it is now. Especially with the performance it has. I don't do loads of miles only 8-9K a year so it's no big problem for me, I don't think of the number of miles per gallon, more the smiles per gallon which are quite large.
    If I drove my car like a saint I know it would probably do 10-15% better but then it would be very boring.
    The wifes 1.4 D Yaris only does 60 mpg and it has 90bhp, weighs not much more than 1000Kg has FWD and 14 inch wheels. How could I ever expect the Audi to get any where near that. When I look at the mpg similar size and performance petrol cars get I am happy I went diesel.

Karl.