1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 tdi intake manifold flaps

goran bgd Sep 10, 2018

1. goran bgd

goran bgd New Member

I took apart intake manifold and part with flaps both bank to clean them. on one bank there was oil leak so I will change seal.
    question:
    I noticed some space on the part that houses flaps on the outside. look at picture.
    I guess this part is made from two pieces. is it possible for oil to leak there? or are the two pieces molded together and I should disregard this.
    also I bought new rubber seal, but should I use some additional seal paste?
    Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group S tronic

4. goran bgd

goran bgd New Member

Thank you for reply. read your tread. what an amazing job you did. don't know if I am ready for something like that.
    I took apart swirl flaps. In one little seal was missing at the end of the rod where it is connected to the motor via that linkage. shop I was in to change them bcs of the yellow warning light ( motor exceeding upper limit ) didn't put it back. so probably oil was driping thru there and making mess.
    I didn't now about oil catch can. I would like to install it now that I saw all the oil sludge in manifold. Can you help me with that please? any recommendation for one and how and where to install it? help is much appreciated.
    Aalso, when you say removing all the oil from the system, you mean like in your picture:
    [​IMG]

Thank you again.

5. goran bgd

goran bgd New Member

I did a little reading about catch can. if I got it right I would need to bypass this hose from breather on your picture in to catch can and than back again where it connects???

[​IMG]